Marshawn Lynch holding out

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
They shouldn't re-do his contract. I'd let him sit

Too scared of the media to even look at them, but greedy enough to do this. Ridiculous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They just rewrote his contract last year or year before with a nice signing bonus I do believe.

He's also coming off a pretty good season. Would anyone be calling the team greedy if he had a poor season and got cut?

What's the difference?

I'm not even going to get into that with you(or anyone else for that matter). If you can't understand it there's no use in trying to explain it to you.

He wouldn't get more on the open market either way. In fact he'd probably get less.

He's also coming off a pretty good season. Would anyone be calling the team greedy if he had a poor season and got cut?

What's the difference?

Yea. If Seattle cut him after one bad season, I'd call them stupid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If a player has a bad season compared to expectations and previous output, would that player want to restructure their contract so that he would get paid less? No. It works both ways. It's incredibly selfish. If that's hard to understand then I have nothing more to add.

For a RB, not selfish at all. They tend to have a shorter career vs other positions. Also, money isn't guaranteed like it is in NBA and MLB. Good for him. Gotta make that money while the getting is good. There is nothing wrong with trying to maximize your income.

Reactions: 4 people
If a player has a bad season compared to expectations and previous output, would that player want to restructure their contract so that he would get paid less?

....teams do it all the time. There are reports suggesting that he would be a cap casualty next off season. Which is why he should use every inch of leverage he has now.

Odds are he just wants to miss a couple of weeks of tc and get a bump in pay this year before he moves on, next year.

You can't compare him to an average citizen. If the Seattle brass think they can do without his services he will be cut.

They said it could cost him something like 2 million total if he holds out past the first preseason game.

That being said, I say get every last dime you can as a player. They don't make the Super Bowl without him. People can talk about Wilson all they want but Lynch makes that offense go. Everyone in this thread, if capable, would do the exact same thing.

VN Store

Back