Richard Sherman on Peyton Manning

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
What makes him special: When we played Peyton in the preseason, I found a new appreciation for the way he makes adjustments at the line of scrimmage; he controls the protections, and if he sees the blitz coming he slides it. The thing that sets him apart is that he’ll change it to a run play if you don’t have enough players in the box, and they’ll get five or six yards because you’re not ready for it. Nobody else has both the authority to do that within their offense and the understanding to know when it’s appropriate.

His arm, however, is another story. His passes will be accurate and on time, but he throws ducks.

Richard Sherman smartest QBs: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck | The MMQB with Peter King

It is true that since the surgery (or aging in general) Peyton can't put that same strong zip on the ball. He's still deadly.

Also, I would die laughing if Peyton did a post game Super Bowl interview in which he screams like Sherman "I'm the best quarterback in the league! I'm the best! Don't ever talk about my lame ducks!"

Reactions: 6 people
It is true that since the surgery (or aging in general) Peyton can't put that same strong zip on the ball. He's still deadly.

Also, I would die laughing if Peyton did a post game Super Bowl interview in which he screams like Sherman "I'm the best quarterback in the league! I'm the best! Don't ever talk about my lame ducks!"
That would be hilarious.

Cowherd was talking up the Seattle defense and how they "ate up" pocket passers this year. I just looked at their schedule and the only one of any merit I saw was Drew Brees. Both times they played the Saints it was in Seattle. I know they are good and will make Manning earn every yard but they haven't been tested by an offense nearly as good as Denver.

Then throat slash and walk off. Lol

Peyton will be ready for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he throws it less than 30 times and goes heavy on runs.

I also don't think Seattle, and Russell Wilson especially, can score enough points to win. Wilson is going to choke. He's too young and inexperienced for such a big stage.

Cowherd was talking up the Seattle defense and how they "ate up" pocket passers this year. I just looked at their schedule and the only one of any merit I saw was Drew Brees. Both times they played the Saints it was in Seattle. I know they are good and will make Manning earn every yard but they haven't been tested by an offense nearly as good as Denver.

Think about this: Carson Palmer put up decent stats on the Seattle D and beat them at home.

Reactions: 1 person
4 INTs is decent?

Well when they played in Oct he put up 258 yards and a TD. That's decent against Seattle. Mike Glennon put up 2 TDs against them. The point is if these QBs can have moderate success against their D, imagine what Peyton can do.

This was from his most recent article, which was for today (the ranking the QBs one is from the 3rd, right?):

The Broncos stand in our way, and it’s a large obstacle. They’ve got the smartest quarterback in football and receivers who are large (mostly), explosive with the football and run great routes. Wes Welker is quick and elusive, Eric Decker is a great receiver with hands and speed, and Demaryius Thomas is as strong as they come. And Peyton knows how to get each of them in spots.

It’s the No. 1 offense vs. the No. 1 defense. It’s a match made in heaven, and we couldn’t be more excited. If you’re any kind of competitor and you have any kind of dog about you, you want to play against the best. Finally, we get the opportunity.

Richard Sherman explains the Crabtree incident and postgame interview | The MMQB with Peter King

The broncos offense is the best ever. Where does Seattle's defense rank historically?

VN Store

Back