New Stadium for the Falcons approved by city Mayor.

Meh. Wasn't needed, especially with taxpayer expense, but like most other cities, the owner who wants a new stadium gets a new stadium. I don't trust Atlanta officials to make this decision based on the good of the city, rather than their bank accounts.

The urban renewal part of it is sickening. It's just a big pile of money that will be doled out to Community Organizers, Activists and Pastors to grease their palms in return for silence and them keeping the neighborhoods in check.

Was the Dome built for the Olympics ?

I know Turner Field or whatever it is called was built at that time. I was thinking the Dome is older.

The Dome is a few years older. Before that, they played at Fulton County with the Braves. One of my first memories is asking my dad why the Falcons were playing on a baseball field.

I kinda disagree. The last time I went the GA Dome was back in 2005, and I was kinda surprised with how bad it was.

I kinda disagree. The last time I went the GA Dome was back in 2005, and I was kinda surprised with how bad it was.

The last time I was there was when Maryland gave TN a beatdown.
The dome was fine then of course that has been several years.

Blank wants to be able to play outside. He has the money to build his own open-air stadium out in the suburbs, specifically at the old GM plant site in Doraville. But apparently the city and state desperately need the Falcons to stay downtown because of how involved they are in the real estate in and around Centennial Park downtown. I'm sure if you talk to Arthur Blank, he probably feels like he's doing the city/state a favor by staying downtown and not building the completely open-air stadium he wanted to build.

He's putting up $800 million of what's supposed to be $1 billion and staying in a suboptimal location to benefit the city. He could have said the hell with it and done the whole thing on his own. Stadium deals are always bad bets for the public, but compared to most of them I don't feel like the taxpayers are getting bent over too badly. It's usually worse.

The city of Atlanta and Falcon fans deserve better than a concrete slab with a circus tent on top. There is nothing wrong with the GA Dome right now as its hosting the Final 4 this year, but ATL is competing against Jerry's World for future events and its time to make a deal

Any Splost $$ going toward the new stadium?

they're out there spending 9 figures of taxpayer money ont his crap, yet they wanna come steal land from TN to give their residents water.

VN Store

Back