The Official Denver Broncos Thread

SyxxSynse

You've made contact...
Not sure how many fellow Denver Broncos fans there are in VolNation, but I know I've seen a few here so I thought I'd make a thread about my pro team after the drafting of Robert Ayers by them made Tennessee and Denver relatable and recent.

The Broncos have been one of the more talked about organizations this off-season and have alot of questions going into the 2009-10 season. How will they do without Jay Cutler? How will new head coach Josh McDaniels handle business with his new team? Will newly drafted Georgia running back Knowshon Moreno help Denver's previously injury plagued backfield? Will Tennessee's own Robert Ayers aid in the turning around of the Broncos dreadful defense?

May the discussions, arguments, and possible quick thread deaths commence...

:dance2: Go Broncos!!! :dance2:

Last edited:
Honestly, it seems as if McDaniels is gonna run that franchise into the ground if he hasn't already.

I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, the Cutler situation was poorly handled and it will suck not having him playing for Denver, but something about the whole thing makes me think that it wasn't such a bad thing to happen. For whatever reason, I was not totally sold on Cutler the whole time he was with the Broncos. Certainly his skill is second to none, but something about him I just never liked and am kinda glad he is gone. Maybe it was his arrogance that leaked through at times or from what few games I was able to see on the east coast, his lack of leadership. Maybe it was the fact that he always looked he was stoned. I will certainly miss having someone with that kind of skill taking the snaps, but I won't miss that mug of his.

On another note about the quarterback situation, I think whoever gets the job will have plenty of weapons like Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler to throw to to help move the ball down the field. Its the horrific defense that has to be able to stop the other team from doing the same. That will be Denver's biggest problem to fix. When that happens, they will be able to compete. I think Denver will still have a strong offense without Cutler (especially with the addition of Moreno).

Scheffler is on the trading block, and they didn't do much to upgrade their run defense. They needed a DT, not just Ayers.

Just wondering, but what was the overall feeling by Broncos fans when Shannahan was fired? oh and Go Broncos in the AFC West:)

Yeah, I agree with sab about trading a potential top 10 pick for a second round corner, regardless of how you feel about him. In my eyes, that was Eric Berry, who would have fit in great at Denver. I give McDaniels the benefit of the doubt until we start winning or losing some games. But judging from right now, he's running the franchise into the ground. And although McDaniels was stupid in starting the Cutler situation, Cutler and his agent were playing a dangerous game in acting like b****** after the fact.

As for Shanahan, he suffered the same problems as Fulmer. He was a good coach who had become complacent and stale. And if you can't fix it, which both had plenty of time to do, well then you need change. I just don't understand why the Broncos haven't went straight defense, from hiring a defensive mind (Giants DC or Rex Ryan) to drafting all defense in this years draft. Anybody who watched them, realized it looked like a peewee defense out there.

That's probably why I wasn't broken hearted after Cutler was traded, him acting like a little b**** the whole time. Sure, if you heard that the new coach your not sold on yet had entertained the idea of trading you, you naturually would be upset. But him not even trying to talk to the coach and shutting off all contact with the situation makes me believe that after Shanahan was fired, Cutler really didn't want to stick around Denver anyway. He saw a way out where he wouldn't be the bad guy and took it by ignoring any advances by McDaniels to cure the dispute.

As for Shanahan being fired, I was shocked. I thought he was safe, but I guess no one is safe after two losing seasons and no playoffs the last three years. I saw the Fulmer firing coming, but not Shanahan.

That's probably why I wasn't broken hearted after Cutler was traded, him acting like a little b**** the whole time. Sure, if you heard that the new coach your not sold on yet had entertained the idea of trading you, you naturually would be upset. But him not even trying to talk to the coach and shutting off all contact with the situation makes me believe that after Shanahan was fired, Cutler really didn't want to stick around Denver anyway. He saw a way out where he wouldn't be the bad guy and took it by ignoring any advances by McDaniels to cure the dispute.

He was disappointed after Shanahan was fired but he would have done just fine had the new coach not come into a sit down meeting and lie to a pro bowl qb when looking him in the eye. When it became obvious to Cutler McDaniels lied, Mc daniels lied to his face again and denied it at first until he realized he had no credibility on this issue anymore. At that point I don't fault Cutler one bit for cutting all contact, could he really believe a word this man told him after that? You may see it as whining, it may very well be, but at that point any pro bowl qb would want out over the way it was handled. McDaniels showed his inexperience, trashed any confidence the leader of the offense might have in him, it was a horrible way to start off, and that falls squarely on the shoulders of McDaniels, the reaction you can blame on Cutler.

Bottom line is if this is the way he is going to interact with star players he won't have the confidence of very many of them, something every coach needs, especially when they are just starting out at the controls.

News now on espn is brandon marshall is demanding a trade out of denver

If we lose Marshall, I may lose it. There is no way a new coach can come in and let the teams best two players go and say its for the better. No way!!

If we lose Marshall, I may lose it. There is no way a new coach can come in and let the teams best two players go and say its for the better. No way!!

I've heard he'll end up staying and that denver will cave to his salary eventually. Now, what would be interesting is if baltimore tried to make a play for him since mason just retired and all.

Also, hearing alot about that most of the team dislikes/resents daniels at this point. Not good for your first season.

I've heard he'll end up staying and that denver will cave to his salary eventually. Now, what would be interesting is if baltimore tried to make a play for him since mason just retired and all.

Also, hearing alot about that most of the team dislikes/resents daniels at this point. Not good for your first season.

That's from Woody Paige who lost all credibility years ago. The Broncos will not cave to Marshall's trade demands and will not give him his raise. He has no leverage. He's coming off a hip injury and he's not even back to health yet. After doing 120 yards sprints with Larry Fitzgerald last week, he finished 20 yards behind Larry on every one. Who knows how he'll be after this surgery.

EDIT: In other news, Ayers and Moreno seem to be making good impressions.

That's from Woody Paige who lost all credibility years ago. The Broncos will not cave to Marshall's trade demands and will not give him his raise. He has no leverage. He's coming off a hip injury and he's not even back to health yet. After doing 120 yards sprints with Larry Fitzgerald last week, he finished 20 yards behind Larry on every one. Who knows how he'll be after this surgery.

EDIT: In other news, Ayers and Moreno seem to be making good impressions.

I haven't seen or heard anything from woody paige in weeks, nor have I posted any opinions of him. I just meant that Marshall would be staying, he's not going to be traded (the hypothetical I threw up there is the only one that could make any sense at all due to the blow of the mason retiring). I didn't know what the contract situation, dispute, or whatever was with him. I was just saying that he most likely stays.

...and that reporters are saying most of the team hates mcdaniels

...and that reporters are saying most of the team hates mcdaniels

This is the part I was referencing was from Paige. The report that some team veterans are not happy with McDaniels was from him. He's a clown, and if anybody knows this, it should be Tennessee fans.

This is the part I was referencing was from Paige. The report that some team veterans are not happy with McDaniels was from him. He's a clown, and if anybody knows this, it should be Tennessee fans.

oh ok. I didn't check the source. I just saw it on SI's webpage...either in an article write up or in the truth and rumors section on the front page.

5-0 BABY

WOOOOOOOOO

ZmEgQ.gif

Hey, it's not every day that your favorite player signs with the NFL team in your TV market. I'm looking for the Broncos to make a few more acquisitions so that Peyton's decision is justified.

Pros of Denver -
1) AFC West is weakest division
2) AFC allows him to avoid bro in playoffs
3) Rumor has it Harbaugh wouldn't give Manning the offense
4) Mile High delivers some serious home field advantage in the playoffs
5) HOF QB Elway is running the show

Cons -
1) Of the 3 teams in the mix, Broncos were the weakest team at 8-8, and - 81 in point differential

So I'm hoping to see them acquire Mike Wallace, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday, and maybe even Brandon Stokley. I expect the draft objective will be to add depth to RB and DB's.

Yeah, I don't think they are all that great. I like Beadles and Clady. Saturday would help a lot.

VN Store

Back