The Official Oakland Raiders Thread

BallerVol02

SIAP. This team has looked pretty good in preseason. Lets see what they can do vs Denver tonight.

Also John Henderson and D Mo play for them.

The Raiders are above .500 for the first time since 2002, and in first place in their division. I'm gonna enjoy it while I can.

Denver has a ways to go to being an NFL team. But the Raiders got the win on the road. Next up, Buffalo - who just did a good thing by laying waste to KC. And then NE. And as any Raider fan knows, the NFL misspelled "Tuck" in Tuck rule. That game will tell a lot as to how good the Raiders will be this year.

Well, from 1.000 to .500 in one week. But from the looks of the Chargers/Pats game, they may still be in first place in their division at the end of the day. And D. Moore looks like he's ready to play in the NFL.

My friend, who is a Raiders fan, is all excited for Oakland to try and make a deal for Carson Palmer. He doesn't like Campbell anyways, he calls him "weak". I say Palmer is looking pretty weak right now. He wants to be traded to a team that can win, while a 2nd round rookie from a non-BCS conference has the Bengals at 4-2 (4-12 last year under Palmer). What say ye?

My friend, who is a Raiders fan, is all excited for Oakland to try and make a deal for Carson Palmer. He doesn't like Campbell anyways, he calls him "weak". I say Palmer is looking pretty weak right now. He wants to be traded to a team that can win, while a 2nd round rookie from a non-BCS conference has the Bengals at 4-2 (4-12 last year under Palmer). What say ye?

that such a trade won't happen.

they'd be trying to make a deal with the most stubborn Owner/President/GM in the entire league. One willing to never give Palmer an NFL down again just to show his authority/ put Carson in what Brown deems "his place"

Wow.

@JayGlazer said:
Raiders & Bengals are close to trade to send Carson Palmer to OAK for a 1st rounder in 2012 and a conditional pick in future

It's about time Mike Brown wised up and got compensation for a player that would never play for him again.

Wow.

It's about time Mike Brown wised up and got compensation for a player that would never play for him again.

I'm both a bit surprised and impressed. Looking back, he's usually just a - well a dick in matters like these
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Honestly, my expectations for Palmer aren't too high. He could blow up. When Murphy comes back, the Raiders have a sort of west coast version of the Saints WR's. 1 solid possession guy and 3 big play guys, but Palmer lives on an undeserved reputation, IMO. Honestly he's only had 2 great seasons in his entire career ('05 and '06), and he was getting paid like he was Drew Brees.

VN Store

Back