4333 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli. within the forum NFL Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
 volmanbill 
Déjà vu all over again

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli

Talking football with Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning - ESPN

Quote:
Q: Peyton, what do you remember about the Colts taking you?

Peyton: I remember talking to Mr. Irsay [Colts owner Jim] at the combine, and saying, "Tell me what you're going to do." And he said they'd tell me in March. They were making it so dramatic, not making up their mind [between he and QB Ryan Leaf of Washington State]. And finally I was in his office one day and I said, "I would like to play for you but if you don't pick me, I will kick your ass for the next 15 years.

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

Jimmy Buffett
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
AstonRoyal

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
"I would like to play for you but if you don't pick me, I will kick your ass for the next 15 years"

I love it!
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
MemphisVol1485

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
That article is hilarious. I could read stuff like that about them all day.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
carrythefight14

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
nicee!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
VolClass75

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
Those guys could do a standup comedy routine.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
smashmouth98
Rocky Top TN

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
wow, what a mistake it would have been for the colts to take Leaf!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
BigOrange15
VFL

That was a great read, thanks.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
supersmo18
#1 Orange-Lister

LOL, this one is one of my favorites. What a great SNL skit!!!

Quote:
"Q: Sounds like that Saturday Night Live" you did [in 2007], Peyton, when you were strafing little kids with footballs [as part of a United Way spoof].

Peyton: We got out there and I told the director, "I don't know if I can throw the ball at those kids." It was just a Nerf ball that they'd scraped the "Nerf" word off it, but still. And he talked me into doing it. I felt better when I heard a parent of one of the actor kids saying to the director, "Hey, how come he's not throwing the ball at MY kid's face? I want him to throw the ball at my kids' face!"
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
give_him 6

Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
Coach Grizz
Chocolate Thunder

Outstanding story!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
orangeblooded2
**Temple of Truth**

Classic. I think Archie has always had a bruised forehead......
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
YankeeVol
This We’ll Defend

Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli Talking football with Archie, Peyton, Eli
Good stuff.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
lovavol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisVol1485 View Post
That article is hilarious. I could read stuff like that about them all day.
See where he threw the baseline test for concussions in the preseason?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #14
81Bubbavol
I am not a smart dog ..

Thanks for Posting !

My favorite part:

Archie: You know, I said to [Olivia his wife] one night -- I was in bed, reading something about the boys in a magazine -- and I said, "Honey, we've been married 35 years now. Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think you and I would have children that would do these amazing things?"

And she said, "Archie, very seldom are you in my wildest dreams."
Reply With Quote TOP