Shockwave Flash crashes

well that seems not to be working,mine has crashed a couple of times tonight ,while i was on Volnation ,I will try to re install it and see what happens then

Reactions: 1 person
thanks for the help.I just did a Windows uninstall and will give that a shot after i do some spy ware removal

does it matter if I am running Google Chrome or not ? I seen somewhere that Google Chrome comes with an installed version of Adobe ?

I may be wrong on that,but I'm not sure about it either

thanks for the help.I just did a Windows uninstall and will give that a shot after i do some spy ware removal

does it matter if I am running Google Chrome or not ? I seen somewhere that Google Chrome comes with an installed version of Adobe ?

I may be wrong on that,but I'm not sure about it either

I don't think it matters but I'm not 100% sure. I installed Chrome on my machine after Flash was already installed.

I highly recommend Malwarebytes for spyware removal.

I use Malwarebytes and ran it last night along with Microsoft Essentials,Spy Bot Search and Destroy and I use there immunization and I use Spyware Blaster and ran CrapCleaner

I installed Firefox to see if that would help any and it didn't

I just got an error message from it and it had volnation in it,I tried to copy and paste it,for some reason I lost it

I will try that uninstaller and see what happens

I used the uninstaller and reinstalled the Shockwave player and Adobes reader and i noticed I'm a tad slow on processor speed for the reader :) hopefully it will work,I will let you know if this works or not

well it didn't

I got this error message off of FireFox

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: SafeFrame Container

any ideas as to what the problem is ?

Last edited:
I that it's probably from all the tracking cookies that get dropped in when logging onto the site by the ad tracker guys.

well it didn't

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

try rebooting the computer - sometimes that works

I use Malwarebytes and ran it last night along with Microsoft Essentials,Spy Bot Search and Destroy and I use there immunization and I use Spyware Blaster and ran CrapCleaner

I installed Firefox to see if that would help any and it didn't

I just got an error message from it and it had volnation in it,I tried to copy and paste it,for some reason I lost it

I will try that uninstaller and see what happens

Ok, I can tell you right off the bat that you're using too many spyware scanning programs. You only need Malwarebytes and MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials). They're a great spyware/virus protection combo together. Delete the other ones, they're redundant. I used to use Spy Bot before I went to Malwarebytes and the only thing Spy Bot was good at was finding tracking cookies and not finding actual malware/spyware. Tracking cookies aren't really malware and they can easily be removed daily by using a program like CCleaner if you're worried about cookies.

If you install CCleaner make sure you go to "options" and check the "exclusion" tab and make sure there are no exclusions in the list unless you want them there. You will only have to do this once.

well it didn't

Doing a little bit of research it would appear that this is quite possibly an ad based issue. "SafeFrame" appears to be a product/program/feature offered by IAB.net(International Advertising Bureau) that ties into advertisements. My best guess is that Chrome and Firefox don't like some type of code within some particular ad being hosted on VN and the browsers are rejecting it. This is just a guess though.

I do have a question. Do you have Java installed on your computer? If so, are you using it for something specific? If you're not using it uninstall it completely.

Last edited:
and Coug I don't have the spyware stuff running,except for Micro soft.I just use the others when i do my monthly clean up

and no Java is installed

you may be right on the Ads, It is crashing both Chrome and Firefox and here is the only place i am having problems

it took me an hour just to get a Softball Game Thread up,just a bit ago,because of all the crashes

Last edited:
I've noticed that adds with the pause play buttons make it hang up,the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic,will hang it up,but not crash it,so it is probably something to do with the adds

I guess :)

This woman has columns in my local paper -- once it said to try Process Explorer for sluggish computers -- find out how it works on her site Komando.com

it isn't my computer mikey, I've noticed that when the radio that i stream while I'm on here,will freeze for a little bit and come back after while that commercial is loading,it is just something like 10 to 20 seconds

something somewhere on my computer doesn't like it

it isn't my computer mikey, I've noticed that when the radio that i stream while I'm on here,will freeze for a little bit and come back after while that commercial is loading,it is just something like 10 to 20 seconds

something somewhere on my computer doesn't like it

Hey gm click the Start button and type "msconfig" into the search box and hit enter. When the "System Configuration" menu pops up go to the "startup" tab and list what all is loading on startup. Only the programs that are check marked.

Since Flash 16 has come out, it's a developer thing with Adobe. Mine crashes on Firefox, in Windows. I don't use Chrome in Windows, just in Linux. I don't have the problem in either Firefox or Chrome in Linux. I use a developed version of Flash 11 in Linux, and Pepperflash in Chrome in Linux.

It's something that Adobe is aware of, but the developers have to rebuild the code with Flash 16, from everything I have seen. Also, Chrome has a built-in version of Flash, and even installing the latest update doesn't help with Chrome.

Trust me, I have business clients that are having the issue, so don't think it's just linked to VN.

Hey gm click the Start button and type "msconfig" into the search box and hit enter. When the "System Configuration" menu pops up go to the "startup" tab and list what all is loading on startup. Only the programs that are check marked.

I don't see a search box

Since Flash 16 has come out, it's a developer thing with Adobe. Mine crashes on Firefox, in Windows. I don't use Chrome in Windows, just in Linux. I don't have the problem in either Firefox or Chrome in Linux. I use a developed version of Flash 11 in Linux, and Pepperflash in Chrome in Linux.

It's something that Adobe is aware of, but the developers have to rebuild the code with Flash 16, from everything I have seen. Also, Chrome has a built-in version of Flash, and even installing the latest update doesn't help with Chrome.

Trust me, I have business clients that are having the issue, so don't think it's just linked to VN.

will re installing chrome help any ?

i will look into it eric,since I'm not rteal sure what i am looking at :)

it is showing 2 versions running

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 17.0.0.134
Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
Name: Shockwave Flash
Description: Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
Version: 17.0.0.134
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\41.0.2272.101\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
Disable
MIME types:
MIME type Description File extensions
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
.spl
Version: 17,0,0,134
Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_17_0_0_134.dll
Type: NPAPI
Disable
MIME types:
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
.spl
Disable Always allowed

i will look into it eric,since I'm not rteal sure what i am looking at :)

it is showing 2 versions running

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 17.0.0.134
Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
Version: 17.0.0.134
Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\41.0.2272.101\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
Disable
MIME types:
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
.spl
Version: 17,0,0,134
Location: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_17_0_0_134.dll
Type: NPAPI
Disable
MIME types:
application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
.spl
Disable Always allowed

Sorry I didn't see this until now, but you want the pepperflash version running, and disable the other one. That should help, if version 17 hasn't already helped somewhat.

VN Store

Back