Is there a decent PC Parts Store in Knoxville?

thehardknoxlife

Ever since CompUSA closed it's doors like 6 or 7 years ago, I have never purchased a PC component in a store since. I've always just used an online retailer. I was wondering if there was a decent store in or around the area. Micro-Center is the only thing online I can find and that's in Atlanta. Just wondering if there is a hidden gem somewhere anyone uses. I suppose Best Buy sells PC parts but I don't think they have the better components like ASUS, Crucial, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc.

There are a couple of local computer shops, Computer King is one, that are interesting to go to, but their prices are so un-competitive that even if you prefer to shop local, you just can't because you know you're getting screwed.

Knoxville desperately needs a Fry's franchise to open up.

Like MG said, the only one I know of and have been to in the last 5 years is Computer King. The last replacement parts I bought for my laptop were bought on Ebay.

once upon a time, the Market Pro Computer Show came to Knoxville on an annual basis. They haven't had a show here in what seems like a decade. I do know that the last time they were here, many vendors didn't show up because of a massive snowstorm in the northeast.

It's a shame, because, while there was a lot of junk, there was also a lot of good stuff for very reasonable prices.

VN Store

Back