New Forum Suggestion

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
One of my favorite quotes in the world is "Everyone you meet knows something you don't" - Bill Nye

We got a lot of awesome minds here at VN, and I think it would be awesome to have an "Expert Tips" forum. For example, I have a vegetable garden for the first time, and say I need help. The Pub would certainly be helpful, but I think an entire forum for this sort of thing would make the organization and interaction much better.

I'm an SEO, and I wouldn't mind giving free advice to anyone, but if someone started a thread in the Pub, how likely would I be to find it when I don't check the Pub daily, and threads get bumped down so fast, you know?

Just something to think about.

What is an SEO? Just curious.

Search Engine Optimization. In simple terms, I put the finishing touches on a web site to make it appear better in Google and Bing results.

My job didn't even exist when I graduated HS 14 years ago. It's a pretty new profession.

I'm always open to ideas for new forums. The key for new forums, however, is there has to be enough interest and activity to support an entire forum. We have a few now that I'm considering scrapping for lack of interest. Anyway, my suggestion is to start a thread and if it grows and there's enough interest and participation, we might consider a forum.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. :hi:

I'm always open to ideas for new forums. The key for new forums, however, is there has to be enough interest and activity to support an entire forum. We have a few now that I'm considering scrapping for lack of interest. Anyway, my suggestion is to start a thread and if it grows and there's enough interest and participation, we might consider a forum.

You taking nominations? Politics forum... All I'm sayin' :)

Reactions: 1 person
Search Engine Optimization. In simple terms, I put the finishing touches on a web site to make it appear better in Google and Bing results.

My job didn't even exist when I graduated HS 14 years ago. It's a pretty new profession.

There are other search engines besides Google?

There are other search engines besides Google?

Yeah, surprisingly Bing gets like 30% of searches. But you're right...Google is so big, I primarily try to adapt my sites to their preferences, and Bing is an afterthought.

I thought I had struck gold in my women rappers thread. Guess not.

Yeah, surprisingly Bing gets like 30% of searches. But you're right...Google is so big, I primarily try to adapt my sites to their preferences, and Bing is an afterthought.

It was actually sarcasm. But I always laugh at the end of this video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B759dzymyoc[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
I'd be very interested in learning the history of Volnation... especially things like the first thread and most controversial threads and stuff

any help?

VN Store

Back