Italics

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
Guess my computer updated last night. Had to sign in this morning. Several websites are italicized now. Irritating as crap!

I reinstalled Arial font and that seemed to help some sites, but Volnation is still jacked up.

Any suggestions other than doing system restore?

Windows 7. Avast scan is clean.

Thanks.

Before doing a system restore, I would make sure it's not just a browser issue first. I've never had the problem you're describing, but I would check your browser settings. Maybe something is checked that shouldn't be.

Also, not sure what browser you are using, but if using Firefox, check this out to see if it helps.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/955688

Good luck!

It had to be something to do with the Windows update last night.

I usually use Chrome. Opened Firefox and it's normal. Every other website is normal since I reinstalled the font, except Volnation.

I'll try cleaning cache and see if that helps.

Thanks for the response!

That's crazy. I don't think I've ever heard of an issue like that.

Some websites are normal and some aren't. Volnation and ESPN are both italicized. Facebook is back to normal.

Not sure Volly. You're the only one I've heard of having this issue. It's definitely odd.

Not sure Volly. You're the only one I've heard of having this issue. It's definitely odd.

I'm positive it had to do with the windows update. The only time I have to log back into the CP is when it's updated during the night.

I'm about to get used to it now, lol.

Volly, do you have NewspaperDirect, Press Reader?

Don't think so. Did a search and nothing came up.

Firefox doesn't have this issue, all text is normal, but I get a shockwave flash error everytime I'm on Volnation or any site with video ads (which is just about every website now.)

Try resetting default fonts.

1. Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
2. In the left pane, click Font settings.
3. Click Restore default font settings.

Try resetting default fonts.

1. Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
2. In the left pane, click Font settings.
3. Click Restore default font settings.

I've done that twice. :(

http://download.pressreader.com/files/PublisherFontsPatch.exe

Only other thing I've found related to this bold/italics problem within Chrome is this possible patch. I downloaded this and scanned it both with MalwareBytes and Antivirus and it's safe. If that doesn't work I'd probably go ahead and try the system restore. Won't hurt anything you just might have to re-download the updates again.

http://download.pressreader.com/files/PublisherFontsPatch.exe

Only other thing I've found related to this bold/italics problem within Chrome is this possible patch. I downloaded this and scanned it both with MalwareBytes and Antivirus and it's safe. If that doesn't work I'd probably go ahead and try the system restore. Won't hurt anything you just might have to re-download the updates again.

Thanks Coug! I'll give that a shot and report back. :)

Installed it, restarted the computer, and everything is back to normal! Thanks again Coug!!!

VN Store

Back