Annoying Pop-Ups?!?!?!?

derekdoolander

I know this isnt football related, but I didnt know where to put it--SIAP!

Is the persistent "HTH" pop ups annoying the hell out of anyone else?? It makes coming on Volnation alot slower and irritating, especially if youre trying to listen to music.

Freak---whats up?!?!?!

Reactions: 2 people
I have gotten a few pop-ups along the lines of "you need to clean your computer" that will not let me close out of the pop-up unless I click "OK" or Force Quit my browser. Very annoying.

Reactions: 1 person
I've had a problem in the forums where I'm reading posts and when I try to go to the next page it doesn't load correctly and I can't navigate down. Page down or arrow doesn't do anything and the scroll bar on the right side of the screen is not there. I have to back out and try to reload the page. I've had that happen a lot lately on multiple computers.

I have a pop-up blocker, so I don't get them.

I got one the other day that said some sort of flash player was out of date and to update it by clicking on a button. I foolishly just clicked it and and it acted like it was downloading a new version. Norton AntiVirus popped up and told me it was an infected file and deleted it thankfully. There is obviously something wrong.

I got one the other day that said some sort of flash player was out of date and to update it by clicking on a button. I foolishly just clicked it and and it acted like it was downloading a new version. Norton AntiVirus popped up and told me it was an infected file and deleted it thankfully. There is obviously something wrong.

Yep, I was having this exact same problem. It is some kind of phishing scam? Had to block the url to stop it.

I just X'd out of that one. It has done it twice though.

Hasn't done it in a few days though.

I know this isnt football related, but I didnt know where to put it--SIAP!

Is the persistent "HTH" pop ups annoying the hell out of anyone else?? It makes coming on Volnation alot slower and irritating, especially if youre trying to listen to music.

Freak---whats up?!?!?!

Forget listening to music, i'm at work and every page brings up that annoying noise of the cartoon pop-up! Keep thinking that people are going to wonder what the hell I'm doing in my office :blink:

I'm aware of the java issue. Its from an ad and I'm trying to pin down the source If you are seeing any other popups or having other issues shoot me an email at vol_freak@yahoo.com.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. :hi:

Forget listening to music, i'm at work and every page brings up that annoying noise of the cartoon pop-up! Keep thinking that people are going to wonder what the hell I'm doing in my office :blink:

I have no idea what sound you are referring to. Anyone else hear it?

I've had a problem in the forums where I'm reading posts and when I try to go to the next page it doesn't load correctly and I can't navigate down. Page down or arrow doesn't do anything and the scroll bar on the right side of the screen is not there. I have to back out and try to reload the page. I've had that happen a lot lately on multiple computers.

I have a pop-up blocker, so I don't get them.

Can you provide the exact browser and version you are using?

I have no idea what sound you are referring to. Anyone else hear it?

I've had it happen a couple of times. Some sort of annoying cartoon type noise. I looked for a another open window or tab but didn't see anything.

Can you provide the exact browser and version you are using?

I'm getting a lot of the same type of thing. I reload a page and I get an ad that covers half of the page and no forum or I get the forum and 3/4 of it is covered in an ad. When it happens again I'll take a screen shot and send it to you. When I get the forum it seems like the same ad is the culprit.

BTW I'm using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

I'm not sure I'm having the same issue, but ads are annoying the hell out of me. I wouldn't call this a "pop-up". It's a side-banner ad that breaks the bounds and has audio. It's super annoying and generates every time I look at a page. makes me not want to even go on VN cause it forces things to render weird and screw up.

Attachments

• side ad.jpg
    side ad.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
I'm getting a lot of the same type of thing. I reload a page and I get an ad that covers half of the page and no forum or I get the forum and 3/4 of it is covered in an ad. When it happens again I'll take a screen shot and send it to you. When I get the forum it seems like the same ad is the culprit.

BTW I'm using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

Thanks and I would greatly appreciate any screenshots.

I'm not sure I'm having the same issue, but ads are annoying the hell out of me. I wouldn't call this a "pop-up". It's a side-banner ad that breaks the bounds and has audio. It's super annoying and generates every time I look at a page. makes me not want to even go on VN cause it forces things to render weird and screw up.

Yeah, I don't like that either. Yuck.

Thats the same thing I get except it wraps around and covers both sides of the screen.

VN Store

Back