VIRUS! --i know not Football related--

CaVOLfn

Has any one else had this issue in the last 2 days?

Freak maybe it is a fluke but, unfortunately for me i logged on from my work computer and got hit with every pop up offered by our virus protection. Followed by runtime errors, browser closings, etc. now an email from our outsourced IT dept saying they have to come get the CPU to try and figure out what happend.

Other than our mandated Google homepage this is the only off company website i look at with it.

Anyway, a heads up.

Reactions: 2 people

Freak maybe it is a fluke but, unfortunately for me i logged on from my work computer and got hit with every pop up offered by our virus protection. Followed by runtime errors, browser closings, etc. now an email from our outsourced IT dept saying they have to come get the CPU to try and figure out what happend.

Other than our mandated Google homepage this is the only off company website i look at with it.

Anyway, a heads up.

I come here everyday. No pop ups at all.

Reactions: 5 people
I come here everyday. No pop ups at all.

I have had some problems for about a month. Fortunately, I have a Mac and I just close this site clear the history, empty the trash, and reboot. Everything leads up. There was one thread about one of the EE who seemed to be the problem. I stopped opening the thread and the problems stopped.

I frequent this page. Doubtful the malware was manifested here. Unfortunately, Flash is a known host of virus(es) trojans, etc. It could have been anywhere.

thanks fellas. just wanted to check and make sure there wasnt an epidemic starting.

im glad it was my work computer and not mine at home. :)

on the other hand, im going to have to suffer through 10 mins of much to loud tough guy talk from my boss about using my computer for non work related sites.

Reactions: 1 person
The site has been hacked from someone in Bristol Conn.

Proof that ESPN hates us.

Seriously, never had a problem here

This may not be yours, but I've been having problems with Explorer hanging and a pesky video pop-up that started when I updated Java. I've been getting "Asian Beauties" want to marry you thing and one of the big "Click on me" buttons like we've had on here at the bottom of the page, but this one loads at the top in front of everything with no words whatsoever. I've just been x'ing out of the pop-up until I found time to block it. Just did 'properties' read a little about it, and it purports to be a fast video ad-on, but Trojans in adware, spyware. When I find out more, I'll post here. Any help would be appreciated.

Take it to an off topic geeky computer guy type thread. Footballs a mans game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

And I guess I should have phrased it better. I did not get any pop ups from Volnation. Virus protection said I got a virus, when I logged in. The pop ups were from the virus protection software, the it automatic response to a possible virus, etc.

And I put it here because this was the most active forum at the time and if there was a virus issue stemming from here I was hoping to get it solved asap.

I got a malware warning a couple of days ago in the "what were the first shoes you bought" thread.

Anyway, a heads up.

Yes indeed there was a page that came up either yesterday or Thursday when accessing Volnation that said something like "your virus software has detected a serious virus - run virus scan" - obviously not quoted verbatim. I immediately shutdown internet explorer and restarted with the intent to run virus scan. nothing more was found. I believe someone attempted to hack volnation. This only happened one time and nothing more happened but it definitely happened from the Home Page of Volnation.com and if I remember correctly it happened when I clicked on the frontpage story of either "Vols could see most benefit from early enrollees" or "Where’s the Beef?" so beware. P.S. I believe the WARNING PAGE was a false page that was intended to draw the user into another area of the Internet. That warning message was not generated by my own virus scan software.

Last edited:
Proof or it didn't happen. Take screen shot or stop saying you get pop ups from here. Right now it's your computer with infections and pop up problems. Pic or it didn't happen :)

thanks fellas. just wanted to check and make sure there wasnt an epidemic starting.

im glad it was my work computer and not mine at home. :)

on the other hand, im going to have to suffer through 10 mins of much to loud tough guy talk from my boss about using my computer for non work related sites.

Thanks for the heads up even if it turns out to be nothing....

VN Store

Back