Economics/ Business Forum

Burger

I think this would be a great way for many Tennesseans learn about investments, retirement plans, and economic concepts.

I'm on the verge of moving all my retirement saving from a big investment firm which I pay, what I consider high fees, to do it myself (scotttrade, vangaurd). I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which mutual funds to go with. Any suggestions on where to find good/non-biased info?

I'm on the verge of moving all my retirement saving from a big investment firm which I pay, what I consider high fees, to do it myself (scotttrade, vangaurd). I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which mutual funds to go with. Any suggestions on where to find good/non-biased info?

Background check imo. Don't think I'm kidding either. All you can do is look at the company and its past record. I dont know if this will help, but check out investopedia.

Last edited:
I think this would be a great way for many Tennesseans learn about investments, retirement plans, and economic concepts.

Go start a thread or threads in the Pub and if the post activity or scope warrants it, I'm sure we'd consider it. That's how we've generally expanded over the years.

Reactions: 2 people
Go start a thread or threads in the Pub and if the post activity or scope warrants it, I'm sure we'd consider it. That's how we've generally expanded over the years.

Thank you. I don't know how these things are done, but let's try the process.

put it all in Philip Morris, they still pay a dividend, and the have growth in international markets driving the stock price

I like the idea and would contribute but I'd be hesitant to provide or take specific investing advice.

put it all in Philip Morris, they still pay a dividend, and the have growth in international markets driving the stock price

They will never stop growing either. They get to take advantage of a vertical supply/demand line.

VN Store

Back