"Internet Explorer Stopped Working"

Scotty's Flat Top

I'm hurtin' Linda
I get this message from this site (only this site) it usually pops right back after a moment, but sometimes it says: "website cannot be restored" and it X's out.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

I have been getting a similar behavior on the crappy version of IE that my company uses.

Attachments

• IE version.JPG
    IE version.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IE error.JPG
    IE error.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
I know this doesn't help, but I have used Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Atomic for the past two years. I can't remember what a browser error even looks like.

Reactions: 1 person
Trust me, I am on the verge of subverting the IT department somehow to get a decent browser.

It seems this has something to do with IE8 and since I don't still have that version specifically, it's impossible for me to do any troubleshooting.

Is there anything else you notice when it happens?

No way to use a newer version of IE?

Had the same problem weeks ago. I have to disable add-ons to get on VN without that happenning.

I've noticed it does it a lot if I go mobile and then come back on pc. Not sure that makes a difference, but that is a correlation I have noticed and I run IE9.

i've tried running chrome portable on a flash drive but it's horrendously slow.

I've run Firefox portable on a flash drive and I didn't think it was too bad.
I'll try that but i think it's something to do with the restrictions at work. chrome portable runs good everywhere else

VN Store

Back