malware threat detected

ice

Pro 2A - GOA & NRA member
when logging on to Vol Nation.
Something like Explorer.exe or something.
What is this?.

if you can grab a screenshot or post the full text of the warning it might help freak sort it out

is it on a certain page?

Hit cnrt alt del and look at the processes running. Youll see it in there since you have windows. Not a problem, like he said above its probably your security software

Hit cnrt alt del and look at the processes running. Youll see it in there since you have windows. Not a problem, like he said above its probably your security software

Will look at security software.
It happened again when entering main page today. Different threat detected by Avast.

Hey, Freak, mods I think there is a run amuck invasive program lurking. It is a PDF file creation program and it will load whether you try to stop it by telling it not to load or by trying to cancel it. Its something called cloud 9. Additionaly I have not been to another site this morning and had to actually wait while my security and utilities ran.
I run IE9.
Just a heads up.

Hey, Freak, mods I think there is a run amuck invasive program lurking. It is a PDF file creation program and it will load whether you try to stop it by telling it not to load or by trying to cancel it. Its something called cloud 9. Additionaly I have not been to another site this morning and had to actually wait while my security and utilities ran.
I run IE9.
Just a heads up.

Not seeing anything on my end but if anyone else has this issue let me know. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure what to tell you orangeblooded2. You seem to be the only one experiencing this issue. I'll continue to keep watching. :dunno:

Not sure what to tell you orangeblooded2. You seem to be the only one experiencing this issue. I'll continue to keep watching. :dunno:

Actually, I had the same thing happen yesterday. Thought it might have been another tab I had open, but the same pdf creator file thing downloaded.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, just got it again myself. Only ads visible were the Volnation store, a Mazda ad and this funny looking one at the bottom of the page:

Attachments

• Bottom ad.jpg
    Bottom ad.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 13
Yep, just got it again myself. Only ads visible were the Volnation store, a Mazda ad and this funny looking one at the bottom of the page:

That has to be the culprit if it's an ad. I'll see if I can isolate that one.

#

25yuswsw28295.gif

Got a strange popup on mobile in the ghost thread, something about local jobs and not allowing me to navigate away.

Didn't think to screencap, cant replicate.

Happened again, but didn't try to download this time. It was a pop up that got caught in my blocker.

I can't speak as testament that this is malware, however I am now all the time by IE9 getting kicked into compatibility mode saying that there are problems loading with Volnation. Does not happen anywhere else.

Anyone else experiencing this problem please speak up.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that its not on my end, I have brought this computer back to life so many times I'm getting a god complex. But is telling me the problem is here.

I can't speak as testament that this is malware, however I am now all the time by IE9 getting kicked into compatibility mode saying that there are problems loading with Volnation. Does not happen anywhere else.

Anyone else experiencing this problem please speak up.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that its not on my end, I have brought this computer back to life so many times I'm getting a god complex. But is telling me the problem is here.

compatibility mode should have no connection to any malware. That is usually an IE display issue

VN Store

Back