FREAK: Feature request

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Hey Freak,

I was wondering if there was a simple improvement you can make to the best site to the web. :hi:

When on mobile, if we "like" a post, the page refreshes, and we are taken to the top of the page. If it were possible for the page to not refresh, as it is while browsing on a computer, or if the page would refresh, and send you back to that same post, it would be a nice little improvement.

If it's not possible, I'll put on big boy pants and live with it.

Thanks.

Reactions: 6 people
I'll look into it. I've noticed the same issue but never have really dug deep into it.

Reactions: 2 people
Y'all just didn't have the fuzzies to approach the Poobah. I'm sure he'll extend the scepter.

Hey Freak, not sure if vBulletin can do it or not but an Ajax update would handle that and not refresh the page.

Something I've noticed (just wanting to help)

Sometimes, when a thread previously posted in (or created) has been merged, if one attempts to view it on mobile, the "thread does not exist" page comes up.

It's not a constant problem by any means, but I've noticed it/it's happened a few times now

Just letting you know; thanks for the message board :hi:

Hey Freak, not sure if vBulletin can do it or not but an Ajax update would handle that and not refresh the page.

friday-damn.gif

Brotha dropping knowledge, up in here.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow... thread's been moved into the deepest cellar of VN forums, :eek:lol:

Oh well, it's served it's purpose. :hi:

Yep, that would be an ideal solution... as long as I can figure out how to implement it. I've worked a little bit with custom ajax code, but not a ton. :)

Wow... thread's been moved into the deepest cellar of VN forums, :eek:lol:

Oh well, it's served it's purpose. :hi:

Cellar? Come on! :lol:

Seriously though, usually this is the best forum to post these kinds of things since the mods and I will see it easily.

Yep, that would be an ideal solution... as long as I can figure out how to implement it. I've worked a little bit with custom ajax code, but not a ton. :)

Freak: If possible JQuery would be the easiest cross browser way to do Ajax calls.

If you want some help, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm more than willing to help out. Least I could do for what you provide for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Freak: If possible JQuery would be the easiest cross browser way to do Ajax calls.

If you want some help, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm more than willing to help out. Least I could do for what you provide for free.

I'm familiar with jQuery... a little bit. If you have experience with it and want to shoot me an email, that would be great. Thanks for the offer.

vol_freak@yahoo.com

I just checked and the last ajax script I wrote did use jQuery, so I'm familiar with the library. But to be honest, I have spent very minimal time with java so I'm fairly clueless. Seems like it should be pretty simple though.

VN Store

Back