Originally Posted by Freak
You don't have the page navigation arrows at the bottom of the screen? When you say 'returns to my post', can you clarify a little more?
Which device are you using exactly?
Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Motorola Droid, latest update installed (couple of weeks ago).
When selecting a thread title from the main window:
1. When I select a new (previously unread) thread title from the main forum, it appears to only show the last page of posts (sometimes it's a single post, other times it seems like 15-20), but there are no page numbers to select at the bottom, even when I know its a multi-page thread.
2. When I select a previously viewed thread, it only shows me the single last unread post (unread since my last visit). For example, I've recently posted in the "HatVol Goes BigTime" thread, both via PC and mobile. When I select the thread title from the forum, I see PoochPunt's post from 12:13am today - seemingly the next post made after I last viewed this thread - but no others (desite the fact that there have been 2-3 more posts by others, since PoochPunt made hers), and there are no page numbers at the bottom to select. To view the last page of posts, I have to select the thread from my history, and refresh it. But even then, and again, there are no page numbers at the bottom.
3. When I select, "PC Mode", it simply takes me to the main mobile screen (where the various forum titles are listed, "Tennessee Football", etc.), and not to the actual PC version (the homepage for VN). I don't see anywhere to select the particular mobile version I am using, either (I used to be able to do this from the main page, I think).
4. When posting, be it replying or quoting, the standard post composition page comes up, perfectly. I type in my post (typically, something poignantly insightful, or particularly witty and charming), and hit submit. The next screen it automatically takes me to is my post, now shown in the thread - but no others are visible. To see the rest of the thread, and my post, I have to hit the back buttton twice (once to go back to the post composition page, and another, to go back to the original thread), and refresh the page, but even then, it doesn't show me more than what looks to be the last few posts which were made, and there are no page numbers at the bottom.
5. Although I read threads in Linear Mode on PC, the mobile version seems to limit me to Threaded Mode, and I'd like to change that, or know how to do so, if already available.
6. I don't see emoticons, either, but simply believed that this was a site improvement you'd made in disallowing pre-pubescent adolescents from posting. If they've been removed by accident, consider it a fortuitous mistake, and move on.
7. Finally, and I'm just spit-balling here, but the ability to reach through the mobile site and slap and/or choke those others who continue to believe that Fulmer shouldn't have been fired - OR - who now foolishly believe that he should return as AD, as this much-needed functionality would be greatly enjoyed by at least 89% of posters on this board (and I have polled results to support these figures).
You can ask any other questions you'd like, or PM me, as I'm happy to identify or explain whatever little hiccups I encounter on an otherwise excellent mobile site.