Getting another pop up

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Redirects to the "your phone is filled with a virus and click this link" site.

Not sure which ad is causing it and just started this morning.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks. I’ve seen it. Trying to track it down. It’s just a bs ad not a virus. Don’t click the link, obviously.

Freak-Safari has started giving me a “deceptive website” warning when I open the recruiting forum. Any ideas?

It’s an ad popup that’s snuck into the rotation. It’s not a virus or anything to worry about. Just a nuisance. We’re trying to track it down.

I'm getting it now. Also now noticing video ads, have not had that before.

Just did it again when I posted. Fanta ad.

Reactions: 1 person
What happens if I clicked it?

Asking for a friend...

Lol. I don’t know. Probably nothing but I wouldn’t try it personally.

We’re still trying to track it down. These things are pesky sometimes.

Also sometimes clearing your cache and temp files will get rid of it.

It’s an ad popup that’s snuck into the rotation. It’s not a virus or anything to worry about. Just a nuisance. We’re trying to track it down.

Thank you for your diligence in making this site the very best!

Hope you are able to, I can't read on here for more than 5 minutes before I have to close it down.
Unless I use a private search engine, which is a real pain because I have to login constantly

Hope you are able to, I can't read on here for more than 5 minutes before I have to close it down.
Unless I use a private search engine, which is a real pain because I have to login constantly

I've disabled some things which should help for now. You on mobile, charger?

If you're still seeing it now, try clearing out your temp files.

I did a few minutes ago, working better now.
Google is tricky, you have to go to Chrome and clear that history, then follow a link at the bottom of a page to a different record of your searches. For anyone else who has to deal with it, you have to clear both.

I did a few minutes ago, working better now.
Google is tricky, you have to go to Chrome and clear that history, then follow a link at the bottom of a page to a different record of your searches. For anyone else who has to deal with it, you have to clear both.

I use safari and it’s just one click. 😬

If you guys are still having issues, please use the thread in the help forum instead of this thread and I’ll check in there. :hi:

Lol. I don’t know. Probably nothing but I wouldn’t try it personally.

We’re still trying to track it down. These things are pesky sometimes.

I've been getting the same ad or whatever it is from other.....unreputable.....sites for years, nothing has ever happened.

I've been getting the same ad or whatever it is from other.....unreputable.....sites for years, nothing has ever happened.

Yeah. It pops up everywhere from time to time. I’ve had had something similar pop up on some major sports sites I visit. It’s a pain.

VN Store

Back