Twitter embeds?

Question for you Freak. I cannot see embedded tweets on mobile. Why is that? I have a Galaxy S6 l.

It's been my experience that the address is duplicated in the browser bar. If you go to the tweet, and get the error message, click on the browser bar, and in the address, find the "http" in the middle of the address, and delete everything before it, then press enter/send, and it should take you to the tweet.

Not sure why that all of a sudden changed a couple months ago. It's annoying.

Reactions: 1 person
It's been my experience that the address is duplicated in the browser bar. If you go to the tweet, and get the error message, click on the browser bar, and in the address, find the "http" in the middle of the address, and delete everything before it, then press enter/send, and it should take you to the tweet.

Not sure why that all of a sudden changed a couple months ago. It's annoying.
The teeets have always been duplicated unless you use only the tweet Id between the Twitter tags. I never have been able to figure out why some folks can’t see them.

I do have one idea I’ve been wanting to try. I may do that today.

The teeets have always been duplicated unless you use only the tweet Id between the Twitter tags. I never have been able to figure out why some folks can’t see them.

I didn't mean to imply that the duplication was causing the issue. Just that manually eliminating that duplication is the only way I have been able to fix it.

I'm not an expert but I have said the same thing Chris is saying.

The ones that don't show up are showing with a bad (double) address.

The ones that do show up show the correct address though right?

Does this show?

[twitter]959962642344566784[/twitter]

I didn't mean to imply that the duplication was causing the issue. Just that manually eliminating that duplication is the only way I have been able to fix it.

Yeah and I don’t think people are putting in the duplication. It’s doing it on its own.

Is it supposed to?

People are supposed to just use the tweet Id but since it seemed to work both ways I never really worried about it. If that’s the issue, and I’m not sure it is, it could be fixed.

It duplicates the address if you use the full url instead of simply the tweet id.

Freak, your way of embedding a tweet works across all my devices (Win10, samsung phone, samsung tablet) and the way most posters embed them using the whole url never does.

Could you possibly post a sticky on various forums to inform/request folks use your method? I'll bet most posters just don't know how to embed just the ID and not the whole url. I have seen quite a few posts that indicate the a lot of posters have to do the url two-step to see the embedded tweets.

Thanks!!!!

Freak, your way of embedding a tweet works across all my devices (Win10, samsung phone, samsung tablet) and the way most posters embed them using the whole url never does.

Could you possibly post a sticky on various forums to inform/request folks use your method? I'll bet most posters just don't know how to embed just the ID and not the whole url. I have seen quite a few posts that indicate the a lot of posters have to do the url two-step to see the embedded tweets.

Thanks!!!!
Yes. I'll work on a fix now that I know the issue.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back