Mobile loading/texting slow

Vols410

Anyone else find that typing on this site with iPhone is occasionally extremely laggy? I’ve seen a few mention it in other places so I thought I’d bring it here.

It’s driving me nuts.

Tappity tappity tappity, and I look up and there’s this horrendous mess of text that looks like a ransom note or something.

Looking forward to the software change.

Hey, what could go wrong?? :wink2:

I’ve noticed this a couple of times today. Did this just start happening for everyone today.

I’ve noticed this a couple of times today. Did this just start happening for everyone today.

It started for me on Monday afternoon.

iPhone 6+, iOS 11.2 (I think), no problem with Mac laptop or Windows laptop.

I'm having problems on my desktop (Firefox) and on a mini-ipad (Safari), in that pages often hang, and I see in the lower left corner that some sort of ad is loading. Its pretty much every time, in fact.

No issues on the cell phone though, which is Chrome.

So overall seems likely that some of the banner ads are causing slow page loading in certain browsers. Have not tried IE.

Freak - I've noticed lately a lot of "churn" from ad cookies and scripts from this site. Sometimes it's so bad it freezes my browser. What gives?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm having problems on my desktop (Firefox) and on a mini-ipad (Safari), in that pages often hang, and I see in the lower left corner that some sort of ad is loading. Its pretty much every time, in fact.

So overall seems likely that some of the banner ads are causing slow page loading in certain browsers. Have not tried IE.

Same here, except I'm having issues on my iPhone that is discussed in another thread.

Reactions: 1 person
Ditto.

It seems to be the ads that are streaming. They seem to load slowly, freeze up, and consequently freeze the page.

Are you guys noticing it on both mobile and desktop? And do you notice any particular ad present when it happens?

Thanks for the feedback.

Me too. On Firefox I’ll have two windows open and the one w Volntion starts using a ton of memory and I have to kill it. I’ve noticed that there’s some kind of reloading or script running going on but can’t tell what it is.

Me too. On Firefox I’ll have two windows open and the one w Volntion starts using a ton of memory and I have to kill it. I’ve noticed that there’s some kind of reloading or script running going on but can’t tell what it is.

Yes, same here. Firefox on desktop, Freak.

I will type five or six words, look up, and see that its frozen, and a few seconds later it will showup , usually garbled. Seems like whatever is running in the background on the page is really interfering with communication with the page.

And no, Freak, its pretty mucha lltheti me. (see, it just did the thing where it stalls the input and then garbles it - I did not change this time).

Yes, same here. Firefox on desktop, Freak.

I will type five or six words, look up, and see that its frozen, and a few seconds later it will showup , usually garbled. Seems like whatever is running in the background on the page is really interfering with communication with the page.

And no, Freak, its pretty mucha lltheti me. (see, it just did the thing where it stalls the input and then garbles it - I did not change this time).

Same experience on Chrome.

Doesn't look like a particular ad, it's just in the bottom left corner the entire time I see it saying things are loading constantly and after a while the page gets very slow and freezes a few times. I then can barely get the post typed and posted.

It almost has to be related to a specific ad or group of ads. I'm typing this on Chrome and don't have any input lag.

I’m getting it on chrome for desktop. An ad with audio (unsure on video) tries to load, then everything freezes. First ad sounded like a Discover ad. Second time I picked up on might have been AT&T, but that might have just been a separate ad.

Update: got the ad pictured, then a video for Hertz with Santa. Video is when it started freezing

Attachments

• 7BB82A6D-EACB-497A-9E0F-F85CAB9495C7.jpg
    7BB82A6D-EACB-497A-9E0F-F85CAB9495C7.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2
Another update: Definitely a Discover Card ad, the "customer service rep" answers a phone call saying "Discover Card".

There's a Smokey the Bear ad that pops up in the corner before the Discover card ad replaces it.

Also, since I've been updating, it still lags some when the video/audio starts, but it's not totally freezing like before.

Same experience on Chrome.

Doesn't look like a particular ad, it's just in the bottom left corner the entire time I see it saying things are loading constantly and after a while the page gets very slow and freezes a few times. I then can barely get the post typed and posted.

Exactly the same for me. Says "waiting for blah blah blah" or "transferring blah blah blah" followed by whatever ad I think it is trying to load.

In the last few weeks I'd say I've had it completely stall out maybe a dozen times, I'll open task manager, and it will say Firefox is eating like 30-50 % of the memory and I have to kill the entire process to get it to close.

Does not happen on other sites.

It almost has to be related to a specific ad or group of ads. I'm typing this on Chrome and don't have any input lag.

Try it on Firefox, too.

VN Store

Back