Request for unverified IDA rumors section/sticky.

Vfl2407

I guess this goes to Freak and the Mods.
Not my idea but saw it buried in a long thread.
Thought it deserved its own.
While some don't mind,
Many posters don't like reading about unverified rumors relating to the Vols mixed in amongst all the threads.

So, what if there was a separate section or stickies for these three things.
Rumors only about possible IDA's:
Injuries
Discipline (this includes drug tests, domestic assaults, etc).
Academics

So, those people who just feel that they have to share potential bad news would have a place to post it separately.
I would include a rule that the poster must give attribution and say explicitly where and when they heard, saw, or read it.
Also, They CAN NOT name a players name or specific position.

So, here's an example of what would be ok:
(E.G. "I heard that on radio station X this morning, that the host said one of our defensive starters won't play vs. Bama but he didn't give a reason why.)

Here's an example that would not be ok:
(E.G. "It's being reported that 2 defensive linemen failed drug tests and will miss some games.)

Worth considering?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Yuck! It would become a gathering spot for male bovine fecal matter. Enough of it without giving it a home.

Yuck! It would become a gathering spot for male bovine fecal matter. Enough of it without giving it a home.

I never knew/heard the word bovine until I went to UT....and joined this forum. I still don't hear the word spoken outside of anything associated with UT.

Did you used to post on the VQ football chat forum? I haven't posted there in several years, but there was a poster over there that would use 'male bovine fecal matter' in place of BS, and he was the only person I ever knew that used that expression before I saw your post.

When I'm reading a thread and somebody just slips in something like.....of course we may not have so and so...
I then freak out and wonder what's wrong with so and so...why might he not play....

Did you used to post on the VQ football chat forum? I haven't posted there in several years, but there was a poster over there that would use 'male bovine fecal matter' in place of BS, and he was the only person I ever knew that used that expression before I saw your post.

Nope ... was not me. Obviously someone else got handslapped for typing bullsh!t.

It would just make it easier for people to locate and spread rumors throughout the Twitterverse. Local media would be checking and quoting a rumor thread on an hourly basis and using VN posters as "sources."

Years ago I had a friend in TN completely convinced that Atlanta radio was confirming 100% that we were hiring Tuberville. I did not even know about VN at the time. By the time I let him in on the joke he had started a board melt down. That's how I came to join volnation.

When I'm reading a thread and somebody just slips in something like.....of course we may not have so and so...
I then freak out and wonder what's wrong with so and so...why might he not play....

Message boards might not be a good fit for you

VN Store

Back