The Official San Antonio Spurs Thread!

BigOrangeArsenal

BLEED ORANGE!
Since there are so many "official" threads going around, I thought I'd set one up for my Spurs too... :)

So the Spurs start the season by absolutely embarrassing the New Orleans Hornets at Home then the very next day go up to Chicago to lose to a mediocre Bulls team... So I ask... What team will show up this season? ...and What are the chances TD gets his 5th ring? ...Or will Kobe or Shaq be the one completing his amazing feat?

Any Thoughts?!?

16 PPG, 7 RPG, 2 Stls PG in one season, age 23/younger:

Magic, LeBron, Charles Barkley, Kawhi Leonard

I am hoping San Antonio wins the Aldridge sweepstakes. I'd be very interested in seeing if Pop puts up with 500 20-footers. He shot .409 from there. He shot .352 from 3 which is average, but since it's worth 50% more points, it's the equivalent of shooting .528 from 20 feet.

Just take 1 step back, and he's an elite stretch 4.

Last edited:
Hawks fan here, and I'm decently excited about getting Splitter. I think he will be a good addition, moving Horford to PF. What is the Spurs fan's reaction?

Hawks fan here, and I'm decently excited about getting Splitter. I think he will be a good addition, moving Horford to PF. What is the Spurs fan's reaction?

Sad to see him go, but if it helps us land LA, I'm all for it.

He will be a good fit for the Hawks for sure.

San Antonio's assistant coach Becky Hammon will lead the Spurs' Las Vegas team, becoming the first woman to serve as a head coach of a summer league team.

I'm disappointed to see Splitter go as well. He's a good solid center who has continued to improve every year.

He will frustrate you sometimes though, especially stuff like going up weak with a finger roll layup attempt when he should go strong.

I'll miss him as a Spur.

16 PPG, 7 RPG, 2 Stls PG in one season, age 23/younger:

Magic, LeBron, Charles Barkley, Kawhi Leonard

Who researches such random numbers? I get 20-5-5 or whatever, but some of these crack me up. First guy with 14.7-7.6-5.9 and getting 1.35 steals while having blue eyes.

@SportsCenter: David West to join Spurs for veteran minimum of about $1.5 million after opting out of $12 million with Indiana

I wonder if West wanted a reduced role. Maybe playing starter minutes is too hard on him. Trying to make sense of it, but with Aldridge, Duncan, and Diaw, it's not like what he offers is a strong need for them.

Aldridge - 35
Duncan - 29
West - 29
Diaw - 25

That's 22 minutes too many. I'm sure Duncan would be fine with going down to 26 minutes or so.

Reactions: 1 person
Aldridge - 35
Duncan - 29
West - 29
Diaw - 25

That's 22 minutes too many. I'm sure Duncan would be fine with going down to 26 minutes or so.

Aldridge- 36

Duncan- 30

West- 15-18

Diaw- 12-15

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they traded Diaw for an actual backup center/

VN Store

Back