milo's official Portland Trail Blazers thread

Roy's very underated and last night he showed flashes of greatness. Terrific clutch shots by him.

The shot that Roy had before Yao knocked down the and1 was crazy, too. Roy ran down the court and clowned Ron Artest with ease. Crossed him over and put Artest on the ground.

I don't think he's underrated by those in the league or those who know basketball. People know he can play.

Being in Portland it's very hard for him to get exposure to the national audience.
again, I was talking about those who know basketball.

The national audience was well aware of Clyde Drexler as a Blazer. They knew Gus Williams, DJ and Sikma as Sonics. People play well and win, the audience will notice.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

again, I was talking about those who know basketball.

The national audience was well aware of Clyde Drexler as a Blazer. They knew Gus Williams, DJ and Sikma as Sonics. People play well and win, the audience will notice.

When watching most of the major media outlets across the nation you never here Roy's name come up.

When watching most of the major media outlets across the nation you never here Roy's name come up.
that doesn't mean anything.

Oden comes back and those young guys get it rolling, the media will show up. They have the maknings of a very good basketball team, especially if Aldridge gets it together and Oden stays healthy.

Aldridge is getting it together. Unfortunately it's understandably hard to stand out as a PF in the west.

Team is looking very good so far. Look at the first quarter of the season. If we can make it out .500 or above, this is a playoff team.

The Portland Trail Blazers have to be excited about the future. Phoenix, Dallas, and San Antonio are all falling or within a couple years will have to rebuild. Other than LA and possibly New Orleans and Houston, the Trail Blazers will be a top tier team in the West for years to come.

Tmac's laziness on defense allowing Roy to take that shot was sad.. but oh well. I love Roy, and don't watch the NBA a ton, but i am a fan. I also thought aldridge wouldn't do crap in the league and he has played quite well.

Tmac's laziness on defense allowing Roy to take that shot was sad.. but oh well. I love Roy, and don't watch the NBA a ton, but i am a fan. I also thought aldridge wouldn't do crap in the league and he has played quite well.
what made you think Aldridge wouldn't do crap?

He's really long, athletic, has good skills. He needed some meat, but that comes with time and age. I think he's going to be a hammer in the future.

Let's see if they can hold out this lead over the Magic. Would be a great start to a tough three game stretch on the opposite corner of the country.

I don't think he's underrated by those in the league or those who know basketball. People know he can play.
True, but he's well on his way to becoming overrated by virtue of people in the media trying to look smart by talking about how underrated he is. Kind of like what happened with Buck Williams and Terrell Brandon.

True, but he's well on his way to becoming overrated by virtue of people in the media trying to look smart by talking about how underrated he is. Kind of like what happened with Buck Williams and Terrell Brandon.
good point. Hence, comments about his underratedness from one of VN's finest.

If Roy ends up playing as well as Terrell Brandon did at the end of his time with the Cavs, I will be happy. Both of those guys were really good players.

If Roy ends up playing as well as Terrell Brandon did at the end of his time with the Cavs, I will be happy. Both of those guys were really good players.
No doubt about that. It's just hilarious to think back about how pretty much every NBA columnist and TV guy spent copious amounts of time telling us how nobody ever talked about those two.

Yeah. Kind of a mix of effects when you get a not-quite-great but still all-star level player in a small market city.

Oden had a double double tonight against the Hornets. Good to see. Even better to see the Hornets pull out the victory.

VN Store

Back