2961 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Official Grizzlies Thread Page 592. within the forum NBA Basketball. Originally Posted by Scotty's Flat Top Obviously. But even with a healthy Zbo in the past we have never looked ...

Go Back   VolNation > Sports Forums > NBA Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #8866 (permalink)
Grizzlies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty's Flat Top View Post
Obviously.

But even with a healthy Zbo in the past we have never looked this good. We have never had a (healthy) Zbo, Spheights, and Gasol. Never had as many guys coming off the bench that can hit shots. Bayless, Ellington, and Pondexter is really taking some leaps this year. Gasol played like crap for a couple of games and it didn't even phase this team. Because it is deep and doesn't have to rely on say a Zbo in the post game in and game out. No debating though. This team needs Zach.. who is playing better than ever because he doesn't have to pressure to dominate every night.
Agreed. Mike, Marc, and Rudy will have their nights, but Zbo is the consistent force that drives this team. It will be interesting to see how the minutes are divided when DA comes back.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #8867 (permalink)
Grit n Grind

This team is complete. So far this season, it looks like we have shored up our weaknesses with a stable backup point guard and complimentary shooters off the bench.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #8868 (permalink)
Still I Rise!!!H.A.M.!!!!

I just want to see if we can beat the clips. They seem to be an issue.

Also, I can't stand Griffen and CP3.

TENNESSEE, The Greatest State in the USA!

Getting It DONE!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #8869 (permalink)
Wiz Volifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher865 View Post
WTF? It was televised? Please don't say it was on TNT or something, while I was watching it on my damn laptop.
just a heads up, tomorrows games on espn as well... BEAT THE KANICKERBOCKERS

Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #8870 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd-Vol View Post
I just want to see if we can beat the clips. They seem to be an issue.

Also, I can't stand Griffen and CP3.
I used to like CP3......
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #8871 (permalink)
Best Poster of all Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrown View Post
Agreed. Mike, Marc, and Rudy will have their nights, but Zbo is the consistent force that drives this team. It will be interesting to see how the minutes are divided when DA comes back.
For sure. It is a good problem. DA is stud. just glad he doesn't have to be thrown right into the fire. Hopefully, it doesn't have a negative affect on the chemistry and balance. I don't think it will though. The frontcourt attack is going to be even more relentless. Will defintely help on those nights when the starting bigs get in foul trouble.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #8872 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_Vol View Post
I used to like CP3......
Yeah, good Wake Forest guy.

Shame...

Getting It DONE!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #8873 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcrazy333 View Post
Two nationally televised Grizzlies games in the same week?

Hell, have we ever even had two of those in the same year? lol
Old 11-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #8874 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcrazy333 View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Can't wait.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #8875 (permalink)
My boy Smokey...

Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #8876 (permalink)
Best Poster of all Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcrop View Post
ftw
VN Likes: 1
Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #8877 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcrop View Post
I love it.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #8878 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

NBA is looking into the scuffle

Zach Randolph and Kendrick Perkins confrontation being looked into by NBA - ESPN
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #8879 (permalink)

If you all do not know about 3 shades of blue I recommend you check it out. Here are their thoughts from last night:

Quote:
Six in a row, and the last two over two of the NBA’s best teams.

And on national TV to boot.

And with some typical sore-loser business from Perk.

And also, RUDY GAY. So much to like about this game. Gotta get busy rooting against the Clippers (not for the Heat, mind you, just against the Clippers), so I’ll not be long-winded, but there were some key items regarding this game that served as bellwethers of how it turned out…

-Rudy Gay. YOWIE. Over the last two games, Rudy has faced perhaps the best two small (sometimes power) forwards in the NBA, and each time, he has proven that he is able, and MUCH more importantly, willing to match up with the top guys in the game. Lots of his FG’s weren’t assisted…and that is just fine. He’s much more comfortable initiating the offense (although the first pass not happening until the low teens on the shot clock will always make me crazy about Hollins teams), and he hit several of those impossibly lifted Rudy Gay shots with under 5 on the clock against OKC. When the Thunder closed it to 75-69 on a Westbrook 3 (by the way, thanks as always for shooting your team into oblivion, Russell), Rudy took over. Three ISO-Rudy jumpers in a row to get the lead back to a more comfortable margin. And all with a “just going about my business” look on his face.

-Two key defensive stretches: the Griz held the Thunder scoreless for the last three minutes of the second quarter and for the last two minutes of the third quarter. I bet that just makes Hollins jump for joy (I think we’d all love to see him jump for joy over just about anything). Although outrebounded for the game by one, during these defensive stretches the Grizzlies worked hard on the boards and kept themselves in a position to maintain and stretch a lead. Speaking of stretching leads…

-…yep, the bench again. Ellington and Speights, largely due to matchups, didn’t see nearly as much floor time (although Ellington did manage to go 3-5 in only eleven minutes), but Bayless and Pondexter were huge. QP went 4-10, but his scoring was timely and his defense was heady yet intense. Pondexter’s understanding of what is expected of him on both ends is keeping TA fresher on the bench (them knees ain’t 21 any more) for when his defensive intensity may be required last five minutes of a super close game. Bayless really looks like he’s finally found a home with the Grizzlies, and isn’t it nice to hear those words about YET ANOTHER player? Bayless was perhaps a bit overeager on D leading to some foul trouble (although, a couple of those calls…YEEESH), but his competence and scoring ability are giving the Grizzlies a reliable option at PG that they haven’t had since…well, if you don’t count GV…it’s been since, uh, Bobby Jackson? Has it?

-As Charles Barkley says, “you got to have a crazy guy”. Ask Kendrick Perkins, he might tell you the Griz have two (and Ken Mauer almost certainly would). ZBo is one of the only guys in the NBA who is completely unafraid to get in Perkins’ face, and I just love it. Odd to see two ejections without any strictly extracurricular physical contact-they must have been saying some very magical words to one another. Also loved Gasol popping Westbrook in the head and drawing a rise out of him. Funny stuff. No, Gasol’s not the other crazy guy, that’s TA of course, but it was just fine to see Gasol take out a bit of frustration with his offensive slump on one of the guys in the NBA who is most consistently an annoying gnat in the ear of his opponents.

Conley and Bayless combine for 11 assists and only 3 TO’s (the team had only 8 for the game). The Griz go 7-17, a perfectly respectable 41%.

The Grizzlies have rung the alarm clock on the NBA-they’d all better wake up and notice.

Getting It DONE!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #8880 (permalink)

They also make a great chart of the weekly power rankings every Wednesday.

3sob.com | Power Rankings week of 12 November

Getting It DONE!!!!
Closed Thread