The Official Grizzlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcrop

My boy Smokey...
I am sure this will be a busy thread. :birgits_giggle:

Rudy, OJ and Mike are looking pretty good. Nothing great.

Darko is horrid.

Gasol is doing better than I thought but nothing great.

I like what I see from Darrell Arthur.

Arthur is playing some very good ball tonight..I like this young man more and more. GO Grizz!!

if they just had a good coach, they could probably be successful, but once hubie brown had to retire from his heart problems, the team just tanked from 8th seed to worst team...course it's tough to get coaches when your team's not good too

I thought Arthur was 6'9" or 6'10"? Him and Rudy stood next to each other and Rudy looked as tall if not an inch or so taller. Weird.

0-1 here we go..This young team just needs a little time. Friday night would be a good night to pick up the first W.

The current roster could have Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, and Chuck Daly on the bench together. They'd still lose 50+ games.
But the new young guys are looking better than I thought they would, especially for the first game of the season against a team of NBA veterans.

Arthur is a step in the right direction and Gasol isn't horrible but they need some more athletic big men.

But the new young guys are looking better than I thought they would, especially for the first game of the season against a team of NBA veterans.
I thought they played well. You just can't expect essentially a college lineup to beat a Western Conference title contender on the road.

I thought they played well. You just can't expect essentially a college lineup to beat a Western Conference title contender on the road.
I didn't expect them to win. Hell, I expected them to get blown out.

The current roster could have Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, and Chuck Daly on the bench together. They'd still lose 50+ games.

true, cause of youth and all the other factors and flaws;

it was more of just a statement about the franchise overall; they were pretty good when hubbie was there, he left, & the team immediately went straight to crap after that...like maybe if he could have either stayed or they found a good coach, the team might have been a little better at this point down the road

One indication that the league office has no respect for the Grizzlies: They draw Violet Palmer as one of the officials for their home opener.

Just got in from the game and it was a very good game. I know this is a young team and it is going to take some time, but they looked good tonight. Somebody put a match under Rudy tonight at halftime or something, this young man is good. I like what I seen out of Mayo, this young man is the real deal. A good night for Lowry also and Gasol is playing better than what I thought he would be so far. This night is all about Rudy and some very good D....Go Grizz!

Man, I missed the game but just saw the highlights!

Looked like a great one!

At this pace we are 41-41!! lol

What kind of crowd was there?

It looked light tonight, alot of stuff going on around town, but the beer line was long. :)

The Grizzlies are playing much better defense. Wonder who's responsible for that?
Kevin has them playing D. Gasol looks like he is taking to the coaching. He is waaaaayy meaner and stout in the lane than his older brother. Good win for the Griz tonight. They give the fan base (if there is still one there) a reason for hope.

Kevin has them playing D. Gasol looks like he is taking to the coaching. He is waaaaayy meaner and stout in the lane than his older brother. Good win for the Griz tonight. They give the fan base (if there is still one there) a reason for hope.

Yep and it isn't even close.

I actually went to a Lausanne-CBHS game back when my little brother went to CBHS and it is amazing the difference between that Marc and this one. He actually got T'd up for pitching a fit and pounding the ball so hard to the floor that it hit the ceiling in the gym. :birgits_giggle:

The Grizz and the Bulls tip off in 15 mins. it can't come soon enough because this crap of a game im watching now (UT vs. USC) sucks! Go Grizz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back