Kyrie Irving wants the spotlight

Johnnyreb#VFL

Work like heck
Kyrie wants to go to a team where he can be the focal point of the offense and not share the spotlight with Lebron anymore. Funny in the 3 seasons prior to Lebron's return when Kyrie was the man, they never had a winning season.
Furthermore, "Irving has not excelled when playing without James. Last season, the Cavs were outscored by 90 points in 574 minutes when Irving played and James didn't. In the playoffs, they were outscored by 30 points in 61 minutes. In the NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors, the Cavs were outscored 37-13 when Irving was on the court and James was off."
He will probably end up getting his trade request, but if it wasn't for Lebron, Kyrie would not be in the position he is currently in.
Kevin Love said on Twitter alluding to this situation, go kick rocks.
This is a very bad look for Kyrie as he is not due to be a free agent until 2018. The world is not flat Kyrie, and the grass is not always greener on the other side.

So people get upset when players group together to form super teams, and people get upset when they want to go out on their own?

Cleveland is a terribly run team that is only successful because the greatest basketball player of all time was born in their state. As soon as lebron leaves, the team and city will be back to irrelevant.

Irving is wise to bolt before the situation goes from bad to terrible.

Reactions: 1 person
So people get upset when players group together to form super teams, and people get upset when they want to go out on their own?

Cleveland is a terribly run team that is only successful because the greatest basketball player of all time was born in their state. As soon as lebron leaves, the team and city will be back to irrelevant.

If Irving goes, Lebron goes. Simple as that. Lebron has already accomplished his main goal and that was to bring home Cleveland their first ever NBA Championship.

I hope Lebron goes to the Spurs. It'd be nice if he actually got to play for a coach who's worth a damn.

If Irving goes, Lebron goes. Simple as that. Lebron has already accomplished his main goal and that was to bring home Cleveland their first ever NBA Championship.

I hope Lebron goes to the Spurs. It'd be nice if he actually got to play for a coach who's worth a damn.

He played for Spoelstra, who is one of the best

Reactions: 2 people
What has he done since Lebron left?? Any rings? Any eastern conference championships? I'll wait

They were pretty close to the ecf in 2015-16, and this past season they were the best team in the east after the all-star break.

Coach Spo has done a fantastic job.

Reactions: 2 people

Jordan isn't from Ohio...

:)

Reactions: 3 people
What has he done since Lebron left?? Any rings? Any eastern conference championships? I'll wait

With who? Lol. Brad Stevens has neither, is he a bad coach too?

Miami had one of the worst rosters in the NBA last year and went 30-11 in the second half. Spo has the NBA's attention, whether or not he has yours.

With who? Lol. Brad Stevens has neither, is he a bad coach too?

Miami had one of the worst rosters in the NBA last year and went 30-11 in the second half. Spo has the NBA's attention, whether or not he has yours.

Their roster isn't that bad and all 82 games count. When 52 of your games are against EC teams and you have Hassan Whiteside, 41-41 isn't some impossible feat.

Their roster isn't that bad and all 82 games count. When 52 of your games are against EC teams and you have Hassan Whiteside, 41-41 isn't some impossible feat.

I suspect you think much higher of Whiteside than just about everyone else does. An opening day lineup of Dragic/Waiters/Winslow/Luke Babbitt/Whiteside should not be anywhere remotely close to the playoffs.

The Heat were good because guys like Waiters, and Tyler Johnson, and James Johnson, and Ellington, and Willie Reed all played the best they've played in their entire careers. Funny how that happens under Spoelstra

The Heat were good because guys like Waiters, and Tyler Johnson, and James Johnson, and Ellington, and Willie Reed all played the best they've played in their entire careers. Funny how that happens under Spoelstra

Waiters and Ellington are the only guys who have careers long enough to make thus a valid argument, right?

I'm not saying Spo isn't a good coach, but i don't think any of this is proof positive that he was a great coach when lebron was under his wing. You learn to be a better coach over time.

I suspect you think much higher of Whiteside than just about everyone else does. An opening day lineup of Dragic/Waiters/Winslow/Luke Babbitt/Whiteside should not be anywhere remotely close to the playoffs.

They beat out the Pistons for the 9 spot, right?

Dragic > RJ
Whiteside > Drummond

Waiters and Ellington are the only guys who have careers long enough to make thus a valid argument, right?

I'm not saying Spo isn't a good coach, but i don't think any of this is proof positive that he was a great coach when lebron was under his wing. You learn to be a better coach over time.

James Johnson's been in the league longer than both of them I think.

He'd rather get his points, be the man and lose

...yet Durant was ripped for doing the exact opposite (wanted to go to a good team, with other superstar players, in order to win a title).

NBA players do have a well-deserved reputation for being primadonnas, but they also get excessively ripped no matter what they do as well.

Lebron has since said he is staying for 17/18 season regardless.

But yeah, I would love to see Lebron play under Pop. He, like Peyton Manning, have never had great coaching or administration up top for a majority of their careers.

...yet Durant was ripped for doing the exact opposite (wanted to go to a good team, with other superstar players, in order to win a title).

NBA players do have a well-deserved reputation for being primadonnas, but they also get excessively ripped no matter what they do as well.

Are people ripping Kyrie? A few people are mocking the move, but I don't think it's drawing the ire of fans like Durant did.

I think the main problem is Kryie is saying he's just wanting to be a "me" player. For him to say he no longer wants to be Robin to Batman and wants more shots. I mean seriously how many more shots does he want. He took more than Durant and LeBron in the finals. We're about to see some next level Kobe chucking shots up.

VN Store

Back