You're the GM

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
In this hypothetical, you get to be a new GM with the team of your choice. The objective is to do something drastically different with the roster to improve the organization over the next few years. Which team do you choose and what moves do you make?

I'm still thinking through it.

I really like the makeup of the T-Wolves roster. Would try and make a trade for a better facilitating point guard.

I'm thinking maybe the Clippers.

I'd try to find a trade for BG and I'd use this season to try and up Galinari's value and trade him too. I'd get rid of the Rivers boys.

In return for all that, I'd get a 3 and D guy, a stretch 4, a guard who can create some offense, and cap room. Russell Westbrook ain't going to leave OKC to play with PG and Lonzo on the Lakers when he can go to LAC and play for the team that is built for him.

At this point, the entire NBA is in a waiting game mode.

You're waiting for 2 things:

1) The west is waiting for the Warriors to become weaker.
2) The East is waiting for Lebron to retire.

So, if I'm a GM, I'm handling things like Danny Ainge. I'm not necessarily swinging for the fences trying to lure in huge superstars to win huge right now, because the road goes through Cleveland and Golden State, and nobody is going to beat both of them.

So, I'm building things like the Timberwolves and Celtics. Young guys with talent, surrounded by a veteran core for maturity. That young core will grow up, and it will become something special. And by that time, Bron will be on the downhill (whatever that looks like), and the Warriors won't be able to afford this pace forever.

But right now, everyone is playing catch-up. That's all.

Reactions: 1 person
I really like the makeup of the T-Wolves roster. Would try and make a trade for a better facilitating point guard.

I thought about them. I always look for the guy that is overvalued. I would try to move Wiggin. You could get so much for him and Teague fits better if you replace Wiggin with a 3 and D guy and another good big man.

Of course I pick okc, and the first thing I'm doing is dropping Kyle singler. I'm convinced he has pictures of presti doing a goat.

Last edited:
Then, I'm putting kanter on the trade block. We are paying him 17million, to sit on the bench in crunch time.

The Thunder, I'd sign Jon Jones to head kick KD in the playoffs. Then sign Brock to break Kawhi. Then sign Hunt to knock LBJ the **** out. Boom NBA Champions.

I'm thinking maybe the Clippers.

I'd try to find a trade for BG and I'd use this season to try and up Galinari's value and trade him too. I'd get rid of the Rivers boys.

In return for all that, I'd get a 3 and D guy, a stretch 4, a guard who can create some offense, and cap room. Russell Westbrook ain't going to leave OKC to play with PG and Lonzo on the Lakers when he can go to LAC and play for the team that is built for him.

Wait, you want to build a team for/around Westbrook? Man how times have changed.

Reactions: 1 person
Wait, you want to build a team for/around Westbrook? Man how times have changed.

More like DJ and Westbrook, but yeah. I'm just considering who is available in FA next year. The only legit stars who are possibly moving in 2018 FA are PG, Westbrook, IT, and LBJ. Russ is the best fit with DJ.

More like DJ and Westbrook, but yeah. I'm just considering who is available in FA next year. The only legit stars who are possibly moving in 2018 FA are PG, Westbrook, IT, and LBJ. Russ is the best fit with DJ.

Wanna make love?

Wanna make love?

IyENtv5.gif

Westbrook isn't going to leave OKC.

I know I'm in the minority but I believe that chances are better that PG and RW stay in OKC, rather than bolt for LA.

The other team I was considering was the Pelicans.

Move them to Seattle (tho GM doesn't make that call).

Trade Boogie and Holliday. If Davis doesn't like it, trade him too. The sum of their parts doesn't approach their perceived individual value and they cost a buttload. It might be hard to find a taker for Holliday's contract, but you can get something decent for him.

VN Store

Back