What Will Lebron Have To Do??

TNHopeful505

I think the general consensus is that MJ is the GOAT. Most people won't disagree with that, but my question is, with Lebron being the most dominant player right now...

What would Lebron have to do to overtake MJ as the GOAT for you? Records? Which ones? Championships? Just wondering what it will take to change the narrative of MJ being the greatest.

(PS, I can't stand Lebron, but just interested in answers)

Probably nothing he can do. Even if he ends up with more points and more championships, people will still consider MJ the GOAT.

Reactions: 1 person
MJ's legend is too big to overcome. The arguments don't seem to matter. 6 > 3 so Lebron gets dismissed but 9 > 6 and nobody considers BR the GOAT.

There's really nothing Lebron can do. Everyone has their own opinion on who the best NBA player of all time is. Although I do think Lebron is just as talented as MJ was back in his prime.

Part of MJ's greatness is when he did his best work... at the buzzer.... when he had the flu... the drive of that man is unmatched.... also he was branded extremely well.... Lebrun will never be that clutch... doesn't rise to the spot light in the final seconds... would rather pass then shoot... can do that and be the goat...

Part of MJ's greatness is when he did his best work... at the buzzer.... when he had the flu... the drive of that man is unmatched.... also he was branded extremely well.... Lebrun will never be that clutch... doesn't rise to the spot light in the final seconds... would rather pass then shoot... can do that and be the goat...

Not true. Lebron has 3 finals series performances that are probably better than any of MJ's 6. Lebron beat the winningest team of all time as a big underdog. There is nothing more clutch than the Iggy block. How soon we forget.

It's debatable at least. MJ's series vs the Suns was as good if not better than Lebron vs the Warriors. He averaged over 41 pts on greater than 50% shooting.

Jordan was on the winningest team of all time as well.

He can't afford to lose before the finals, I know that.

Not true. Lebron has 3 finals series performances that are probably better than any of MJ's 6. Lebron beat the winningest team of all time as a big underdog. There is nothing more clutch than the Iggy block. How soon we forget.

I don't agree... a block you say oh well he could of... at least he tried.... on the last game deciding shot that is the most clutch moment in basketball... no one dreams of.... getting a block on the final seconds of the finals.... and no one would of criticized him if he would of missed the block... now missing the shot is a different story....

I don't agree... a block you say oh well he could of... at least he tried.... on the last game deciding shot that is the most clutch moment in basketball... no one dreams of.... getting a block on the final seconds of the finals.... and no one would of criticized him if he would of missed the block... now missing the shot is a different story....

huh?

Reactions: 3 people

Basically, blocking a shot and shooting a last second jumper to win the game are not the same things... MJ was clutch on last second jumpers..... Lebron isn't.... his shining moment was blocking a shot, not taking one win the game is on the line....

Basically, blocking a shot and shooting a last second jumper to win the game are not the same things... MJ was clutch on last second jumpers..... Lebron isn't.... his shining moment was blocking a shot, not taking one win the game is on the line....

Making a 19' jumper is a nice play. That block was an incredible play. Not sure why you are trying to discount it.

MJ fans are obsessed with a certain brand of basketball. There are other ways to play the game.

I stand corrected..... however I still do not believe Lebron James is better than Michael Jordan.... simply because I do not think anyone can match the drive that MJ had.....

Jordan was a better volume scorer and arguably better defender. James has him beat in just about everything else. though Jordan was a better rebounder for his position.

Jordan is the best there ever was, not disputing that.

But his legacy is greater than he actually was, imo. All these kids growing up today calling him the best there ever was never even saw him play. My nephew is 6 and all he's seen is Space Jam and youtube videos but he still loves Michael Jordan.

As far as MJ having that drive that nobody else has had, Russ has it, just not the skill set to match MJ.

The most amazing thing about Jordan though, is that he can still, after all these years, continue to get thousands and thousands of people to line up hours before stores open to buy his ugly ass shoes.

Jordan is the best there ever was, not disputing that.

But his legacy is greater than he actually was, imo. All these kids growing up today calling him the best there ever was never even saw him play. My nephew is 6 and all he's seen is Space Jam and youtube videos but he still loves Michael Jordan.

As far as MJ having that drive that nobody else has had, Russ has it, just not the skill set to match MJ.
I
Completely agree... I can see a lot of Michael Jordan in Russell Westbrook... just not as talented.... but man can he play...

He has to look angry and be a d*** to everyone on the court. That's what fans like. See Kobe

VN Store

Back