RIP Jerry Krause

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Do people in Chicago like Krause? I know they resent him for allowing MJ to walk away the 2nd time, but not sure if that outweighs their appreciation for him.

I actually think it was the right time to let MJ walk. Jordan making $33M was insane. Rodman only made $4.5M in '98 and Pippen only made $2.8M (got $11M from Houston the next year). Jordan wasn't that much better than them.

I actually think it was the right time to let MJ walk. Jordan making $33M was insane. Rodman only made $4.5M in '98 and Pippen only made $2.8M (got $11M from Houston the next year). Jordan wasn't that much better than them.

but he had exponentially more worth to the franchise than both combined.

Reactions: 1 person
but he had exponentially more worth to the franchise than both combined.

Sure, but to keep him they had to pay him more and they had to pay Pip probably nearly triple what he earned in 1998 and Rodman (or his replacement) was probably part of keeping MJ too....so we're talking about tying up $45M in 2 players or maybe even $50M+ in 3 players.

Jordan's $33M was so much money back then. To put it in perspective, that's more than 19 teams paid to their entire squad, including the WCC Jazz. The salary cap was $27M, FFS.

VN Store

Back