Jarnell Stokes Makes 16-17 NBA Roster

I don't know what's up with Stokes & his minutes now. He played 12 & 15 minutes respectively the 1st 2 games. He had 6 & 8 points in those two games plus 4 & 6 rebounds. The last 3 games he hasn't even played. I don't know of any injury either.

Was somebody in the frontcourt for Denver banged up or suspended in those first 2 games & that's why Stokes got those minutes?

I just know this is no way to treat the guy. I mean he played really well with what minutes they had given him. Now, it seems they have taken those away from him. Makes me feel really bad for him. I'm frustrated so I know he is for sure.

Here's the link to his NBA profile page to prove his minutes were there & now they've all of a sudden been taken away: Jarnell Stokes Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Denver Nuggets - ESPN

I don't know what's up with Stokes & his minutes now. He played 12 & 15 minutes respectively the 1st 2 games. He had 6 & 8 points in those two games plus 4 & 6 rebounds. The last 3 games he hasn't even played. I don't know of any injury either.

Was somebody in the frontcourt for Denver banged up or suspended in those first 2 games & that's why Stokes got those minutes?

I just know this is no way to treat the guy. I mean he played really well with what minutes they had given him. Now, it seems they have taken those away from him. Makes me feel really bad for him. I'm frustrated so I know he is for sure.

Here's the link to his NBA profile page to prove his minutes were there & now they've all of a sudden been taken away: Jarnell Stokes Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Denver Nuggets - ESPN

Those were preseason minutes

Reactions: 1 person
Those were preseason minutes
Those were the last two pre-season games? Didn't even cross my mind. Good grief. Should have known better. I mean even if these were pre-season games he showed he can play if given the chance.

He's not even getting on the floor since the regular season started. Might as well send him down to the D-league again & let him get anorher D-League MVP. :eek:hmy:

He likely won't play much unless theres an injury. The Nuggets have front court depth.

He likely won't play much unless theres an injury. The Nuggets have front court depth.

I know they do. Just send him down to the D-League or is he not eligible now to play in the D-League anymore? I wouldn't think that would be the case though.

I know they do. Just send him down to the D-League or is he not eligible now to play in the D-League anymore? I wouldn't think that would be the case though.

Well he's good enough to be on their 15 player roster, just not good enough to warrant playing time apparently.

Well he's good enough to be on their 15 player roster, just not good enough to warrant playing time apparently.

I know that. A 15 player roster is what he's been on since being in the NBA & setting the bench on that NBA roster is what he's done as well. He only plays when he gets sent down to the D-League & then dominates.

Makes no sense. Let him play 10-15 minutes per game to be given a chance to show what he can do. If not for the Nuggets let it be with another team. I mean he won D-league MVL last season.

He has shown plenty already. Give the man a chance to play or do something else with him except set at the end of the bench each & every game.

Last edited:

This makes no sense to me at all how Stokes just got treated by the Nuggets. They singed him before the season started. He didn't even get the chance to get into any regular season game to show what he could provide. He played pretty well the last 3 pre-season games.

How can Stokes or any other player in his position have an NBA chance when they cut him without even giving him ANY & I mean ANY chance at all to play? I don't get it & it frustrates the heck out of me so I know Stokes is beyond aggravated.

He's good enough to contribute to some NBA team. He just needs the chance. I hope somebody picks him up but unless a team has some big man/men injured or something then I don't see it happening. He might be better off going overseas to play & make a lot more money in the process too. :bad:

The way treated him? They signed him and gave him a chance, obviously he's not good enough to play. They don't owe him minutes to try and prove himself, that's not how the NBA works.

The way treated him? They signed him and gave him a chance, obviously he's not good enough to play. They don't owe him minutes to try and prove himself, that's not how the NBA works.

He's not really been given a shot. Every NBA team he's been on he has barely seen the court. That's what I mean by chance. You know that's true & the game logs for his games while in the NBA prove it.

He's not really been given a shot. Every NBA team he's been on he has barely seen the court. That's what I mean by chance. You know that's true & the game logs for his games while in the NBA prove it.

At this level, Stokes has always been a 'tweener. It sucks but that is what it is. As has been mentioned, he's been on multiple teams and multiple staffs have seen him practice against the best and all have decided to cut him. I think that there are some minutes somewhere for him, but then again I thought that about Chris Lofton, too.

There is a reason he's not seen the court, he's been with multiple teams (given a chance) obviously they don't think he deserves minutes. Teams don't owe players minutes to prove themselves, if he was good enough to play he would, period.

There is a reason he's not seen the court, he's been with multiple teams (given a chance) obviously they don't think he deserves minutes. Teams don't owe players minutes to prove themselves, if he was good enough to play he would, period.

Whatever you say Captain Jerry. :wink: I just don't see how any team could know how good that a player is period if he doesn't get minutes on the court to show what he can or can't do. That goes for any & all NBA players & not just Stokes.

Whatever you say Captain Jerry. :wink: I just don't see how any team could know how good that a player is period if he doesn't get minutes on the court to show what he can or can't do. That goes for any & all NBA players & not just Stokes.

This isn't little league where everyone gets to play, it's a business and coaches play guys that give them the best chance to win. I'll trust the coach that watches him every day in practice, over a guy on the internet that thinks D-League MVP and some preseason games prove that he can be a good NBA player.

At this level, Stokes has always been a 'tweener. It sucks but that is what it is. As has been mentioned, he's been on multiple teams and multiple staffs have seen him practice against the best and all have decided to cut him. I think that there are some minutes somewhere for him, but then again I thought that about Chris Lofton, too.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if Lofton would have had a better chance in today's more 3-ball oriented NBA? Kind of like Stokes probably would have had a better chance in the more physical 90's.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if Lofton would have had a better chance in today's more 3-ball oriented NBA? Kind of like Stokes probably would have had a better chance in the more physical 90's.

I think he could have gotten his shot off but I just don't see how effective as a defender he would have. Dude is barely 6'0. Hell it took Reddick years to play D/get his shot off consistently and he is 6'3/6'4

I think he could have gotten his shot off but I just don't see how effective as a defender he would have. Dude is barely 6'0. Hell it took Reddick years to play D/get his shot off consistently and he is 6'3/6'4

Good point, and he would have been guarding PG and it's probably the best it's ever been top to bottom. I was just thinking offensively he would be more valuable now, but you're right. Hell might be worse now for him defensively than back then.

This isn't little league where everyone gets to play, it's a business and coaches play guys that give them the best chance to win. I'll trust the coach that watches him every day in practice, over a guy on the internet that thinks D-League MVP and some preseason games prove that he can be a good NBA player.

Forget the NBA talk then for Stokes. I hop he gets a job overseas where he makes a lot more money & plays on a team where he gets plenty of minutes.

That's the best place for him. If I was his agent I would be jumping on the overseas market & get him a nice paying dig.

VN Store

Back