NBA Salary CAP About to Rocket Upwards

NBA salary cap now projected to hit $94 million

The bump means players with 10 years or more of experience -- such as LeBron James -- who sign new max contracts will earn $30.8 million to start. To put that in perspective, in league history, only two players have earned $30 million in a season: Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

A player such as Kevin Durant, who has nine years of experience, is eligible to sign for up to $26.4 million for next season.

WOW! $30.8 million max contracts now? Holy Cow! :eek:hmy:

floyd-mayweather.gif

tumblr_mgl8fvkT4i1qa7dwvo1_500.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
They are worth it.

No they ain't. I mean they shouldn't be. But I guess they deserve it more than the owners. It blows the grey matter that so many educators and lawmen struggle to get by, and we shower money on entertainers that is the equivalent of winning the lottery every year. It is the biggest reason I don't follow professional sports like I did when I was young. It is mercenary and that is all. No heart.

Reactions: 1 person
No they ain't. I mean they shouldn't be. But I guess they deserve it more than the owners. It blows the grey matter that so many educators and lawmen struggle to get by, and we shower money on entertainers that is the equivalent of winning the lottery every year. It is the biggest reason I don't follow professional sports like I did when I was young. It is mercenary and that is all. No heart.

Amen & great post. They are not worth this amount of money when we have way underpaid military & other government agencies & middle class people working their rears off & barely getting by.

Amen & great post. They are not worth this amount of money when we have way underpaid military & other government agencies & middle class people working their rears off & barely getting by.

Yes they are.

We as a society have deemed it that way

Not sure if you understand how the business works.

I may not understand the business of pro sports but I do know the most underpaid working people in this country is our military & middle class working people. For anybody & I mean anybody to disagree with that is not an American period!

Yes they are.

We as a society have deemed it that way

Actually not society. Like I said above, nobody deserves to be paid more than our military & middle class working Americans. Players in ALL major sports are paid too much money. I don't care what's involved in the so called BUSINESS part of it!

Sure they work too just like middle class Americans & our military but do you think for one second they work harder than our military or some of our industry type workers in the United States?

Last edited:
I may not understand the business of pro sports but I do know the most underpaid working people in this country is our military & middle class working people. For anybody & I mean anybody to disagree with that is not an American period!

Actually not society. Like I said above, nobody deserves to be paid more than our military & middle class working Americans. Players in ALL major sports are paid too much money. I don't care what's involved in the so called BUSINESS part of it!

Sure they work too just like middle class Americans & our military but do you think for one second they work harder than our military or some of our industry type workers in the United States?

It's not really about working harder. People want to watch them perform more so than the military. Sports bring in a ton of revenue, and it goes either to the owners or to the players. Better to have it go to the players IMO

Ridiculous.

Everybody knows the pay scale when they sign up for a job. What a middle class guy makes has no relation to what an NBA player makes.

If watching military drills brought in billions of dollars of revenue on television they would be paid millions too

Lotta easy stances in this thread.

Would you be happy with the tax increase to start paying the military better? Or what about the prices you pay on the stuff you buy.

Surely you all never scoffed at the living wage the fast food workers are attempting to get? If you did, then you have nothing to stand on.

And I agree that tons of people are vastly underpaid. That doesn't mean that the nba players don't deserve their slice of the revenue they sweat and break their bodies to bring in.

When these people bring in revenue like pro athlete stars do, then I could agree with your point. If you get in the military to make some major cash, you're doing it wrong.

I'm fine with the money they make but wish they would slow it down some before they price the average fans out of going to the games.

Wouldn't lower class, poor workers be the most under paid?

A lot of you seem to fail to realize how business works. They create revenue. Therefore they are worth the money generated.

VN Store

Back