Where will KD end up?

Harrison Barnes out Insert Kevin Durant.

Wouldn't be fair. I mainly just hope he doesn't end up with the Spurs...Tony Parker and his "keep it in my dominant hand and do spin moves" drives me nuts. KD would make them the favorite.

Wouldn't be fair. I mainly just hope he doesn't end up with the Spurs...Tony Parker and his "keep it in my dominant hand and do spin moves" drives me nuts. KD would make them the favorite.

Oh, Absolutely. I'd like to see how Russels game would translate without KD.

Reactions: 1 person
Signs with OKC for 1 year + player option. He and Russ will be free agents together in 17, methinks.

I agree, but I think he'll want to be a FA in '17 because of the high salary cap, not because of Russ.

Exactly. I have a feeling they split after next year no matter what. With Russ's personality, I have to think he wants to be lead dog soon. I think if KD resigns again next year, Russ bounces. If KD leaves I think Russ might stay, he seems pretty close to Adams, Nick, and Payne. JMO

Lakers: There's always appeal for living in La and playing for the Lakers, but they are too young and inexperienced, and there is no telling how long it will take for him to compete for championships there.

Boston: Stevens is a fantastic coach, and the Celtics are a prestigious organization, but I don't think there is enough talent there for him to seriously consider them. If they got a few other pieces along with him, then possibly. I don't see him leaving Westbrook for Isaiah Thomas.

D.C.: They have the hometown and familiar coach aspect going for them, but I'm not sure if it will be enough. John Wall is a great player, and those two can do damage in the east, but I'm not sure if they could get over the hump and actually compete for a championship.

Miami: Riley has done a fantastic job at Miami, and players obviously don't mind playing in Miami, but I just don't see this happening.

Clippers: If he does indeed want to leave OKC, it would be smart for OKC to sign and trade him for Blake Griffin. This way, OKC gets a useful asset in return, and Durant gets to play in LA with a team that is built to win. I see it as a win win for both teams.

Warriors/Spurs: I would be very disappointed if he joined either of these teams. I hope this isn't a real possibility.

Atlanta: I am biased as a hawks fan, but he hear me out. Outside of a sign and trade with the clippers, or joining an existing superteam like the Warriors or Spurs, I think the Hawks are the next best option. I think Durant fits perfectly for the Hawks. He is simply the only thing that the Hawks are missing, someone who can score in bunches and create their own shot. The Hawks are an incredibly well coached team, play fantastic team defense, move the ball as well as anyone, and have a collection of quality talent, but they are missing a superstar, and Kevin Durant would be the missing piece for them. But Atlanta never picks up big time free agents, so it is a pipe dream.

VN Store

Back