Official 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Nerd-Vol

Now that the NBA season has ended, lets talk about what pieces need to be moved.

What will the Knicks do about Phil?

Does Hassan stay in Miami?

What direction can the grizz go in?

I'd rather coach in Houston than Indiana.

Based on current roster? Or the actual city?

Houston is one of my least favorite cities. I personally love Indianapolis.

Roster wise I think it's kind of a wash, factoring for depth.

What is the best available job on the market?

Indiana?

The more I think about it, the more I lean toward Indiana. Harden is the best player on either team, but you don't know if he'll show up in shape and I'm not a big Daryl Morey fan.

Now that the NBA season has ended, lets talk about what pieces need to be moved.

What will the Knicks do about Phil?

Does Hassan stay in Miami?

What direction can the grizz go in?

Hassan is gone IMO. The Knicks will keep Phil, he'll hire Kurt Rambis and continue making dumb/arrogant decisions based on his stubborn obsession with the triangle.

He's less hopeless than melo. Hardens just young and rich and loves partying, and thinking about partying while he's on D. He might get over it and turn into a solid vet some day

He's less hopeless than melo. Hardens just young and rich and loves partying, and thinking about partying while he's on D. He might get over it and turn into a solid vet some day

He's expending zero energy on D because he's not in shape and, to be fair, is also playing a ton of minutes. His D was okay in 2014-15, but you don't know which Harden you'll get.

Based on current roster? Or the actual city?

Houston is one of my least favorite cities. I personally love Indianapolis.

Roster wise I think it's kind of a wash, factoring for depth.

Roster. Plus I'd rather be in the south

Disappointed with Frank being fired. Especially with how Larry Bird did it not even face-to-face with him. I hope he lands somewhere nice.

What makes you all think that Harden is more likely to figure it out than Melo was? His D has gotten worse every year for the last 4 years. I'm not buying the he plays a lot of minutes excuse so does/did MJ, LBJ, Butler, George, Kobe, GP, Stockton, etc and they still played both ends of the court. The fact that he's out of shape is an even bigger red flag. I don't see a guy that will "get it" I see a guy that wants to play offense and just dogs it on D. Maybe I'm proven wrong but a team with Harden as their top 1-2 guys will never win a title.

What makes you all think that Harden is more likely to figure it out than Melo was? His D has gotten worse every year for the last 4 years. I'm not buying the he plays a lot of minutes excuse so does/did MJ, LBJ, Butler, George, Kobe, GP, Stockton, etc and they still played both ends of the court. The fact that he's out of shape is an even bigger red flag. I don't see a guy that will "get it" I see a guy that wants to play offense and just dogs it on D. Maybe I'm proven wrong but a team with Harden as their top 1-2 guys will never win a title.

Harden played the most minutes in the NBA this year, but I agree that it doesn't excuse his defense. I disagree that it has steadily gotten worse though; IMO his D was a lot worse in 2013-14 than it was in 2014-15. In '14-15, he carried them in a way that very few players can. And they seemed to have good chemistry, unlike this trainwreck of a season.

Part of the reason he was out of shape was because of an ankle injury. I also think part of it is that he doesn't have the determination to improve the way someone like Steph does, but if he can bring back the '14-15 Harden I think you can win with him.

Harden played the most minutes in the NBA this year, but I agree that it doesn't excuse his defense. I disagree that it has steadily gotten worse though; IMO his D was a lot worse in 2013-14 than it was in 2014-15. In '14-15, he carried them in a way that very few players can. And they seemed to have good chemistry, unlike this trainwreck of a season.

Part of the reason he was out of shape was because of an ankle injury. I also think part of it is that he doesn't have the determination to improve the way someone like Steph does, but if he can bring back the '14-15 Harden I think you can win with him.

You are probably right he was a little in 14-15 on D. He did carry that team, fun fact .683 winning % that year, the same year without KD in games Russ played OKC had a .640 yet one guy carried a team while the other failed. Granted Russ went stupid a couple games late that made us miss the playoffs.

I think my problem with JH is I watched him play decent D in OKC, so its jusy not giving a ****. Plus I just see zero leadership in the guy, which isn't his fault just his personality. When your team calls a players only meeting, and it turns into what we dont like about you, its a huge problem. Like I said maybe i'll be proven wrong, but I just don't see it.

Who would you pair JH with? I think it would need to be someone with a strong personality and a vocal leader.

JH needs the ball so much to get top value out of him. You need to surround him with 3 and D guys. He doesn't share the ball well so he'll conflict with another star but if you don't have another star then what do you do when Harden is out?

It seems like his teams will always have a ceiling below title contender.

VN Store

Back