Feb. 18th trade deadline

unconventional
Seems like mostly buyers and few sellers. Hopefully it's not a total dud leading up to the deadline. I had read that the Cavs/Celtics have been discussing Love. And just read that the Rockets/Heat have been discussing a swap of Dwight and Whiteside. Not sure how they'd do it as Dwight makes 22 million while Whiteside makes 1 million.

Tobias Harris is an intriguing trade chip if the Magic really make him available - SBNation.com

If Pacers could get him as a PF without giving up Paul George or Myles Turner, I'd drool.

C Myles Turner
F Tobias Harris
F Paul George

NBA Trade Rumors: Hawks reject George Hill for Jeff Teague deal

Why the Magic shouldn't deal Victor Oladipo for Jeff Teague at the NBA trade deadline - Orlando Pinstriped Post

Let them work out whatever they want to do with Teague, Horford, Oladipo, Hill and whoever with Tobias going to the Pacers. I'm bias in wanting Tobias but I always think he's great for his age and who knows what his ceiling is. I like where he's at already and would be happy with him as a starter on my favorite team. Pacers have all their draft picks I believe. So aside, from PG and Myles being off the table to add Tobias it would leave draft picks, George Hill, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, C.J. Miles, Jordan Hill, Ian Mahinmi, Solomon Hill, Glenn Robinson III, Joe Young, Lavoy Allen, Chase Budinger, Rakeem Christmas, Shayne Whittington... not the greatest group of players by any means but there are some solid players. Pacers are a middling team currently so their picks have value barring a turn around. Joe Young is the all-time leading scorer in Oregon history after playing there for just two seasons. Rakeem Christmas was on D-league all-star team this past weekend. GR III's shown flashes whose dad is the Big Dog. Both Jordan Hill and Ian Mahinimi have a per of 17.0+ so they're probably a little more valuable than you'd think based on their play this season. Monta Ellis is probably the biggest name without Paul George and Myles Turner on the table. If Magic want to do some type of deal for Tobias and Monta instead of Oladipo and Teague, I'd jump on it. Love Tobias.

According to Wins Produced, those are Denver's 4 best players and Faried is better than Griffin.

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

Sounds like the Clippers agree with you :p

I don't know if think Faried is better than Griffin as I think both are good players. Griffin seems to be more of the star with star numbers but Faried is an elite rebounder and athletic as well a team player. That could technically make him better than Blake I guess. When CP3 is your PG, he'd Faried some easy dunks while Faried would get them extra opportunities. Jordan, Faried, Barton with CP3 would continue the lob city trend of their franchise. Dunk city.

Griffin was huge in the playoffs last year, but other than that, he's overrated. He does a lot of things well, but he doesn't know what his strengths are and he tries to do everything. I'd try to trade for Faried and 1 of those other 3 guys. See if they take it.

Denver will never feel good about Griffin signing long term, so they won't do it.

Griffin was huge in the playoffs last year, but other than that, he's overrated. He does a lot of things well, but he doesn't know what his strengths are and he tries to do everything. I'd try to trade for Faried and 1 of those other 3 guys. See if they take it.

Denver will never feel good about Griffin signing long term, so they won't do it.

Yep, kind of sucks sometimes that's how the league is run these days. Smaller market teams if not already on the path to clear success risk losing players. Even big markets have to worry as well but usually they can get an agreement by a player before a trade given what the city offers. For someone like Blake, you have to have a winning team with star players or a city/franchise he likes. Just kinda sucks that the top players almost always (get to)decide to play in the bigger markets. I don't blame them but I like teams building long term competition and players happy to play wherever as long as they have a good shot at winning. Seems like players would rather break up good small market teams in hopes to team up in a bigger market. I'd be happy making millions and living most places in the country. I could see wanting out from a losing culture, just sucks when a good thing is broken up because living in L.A. satisfies a player more than winning in Milwaukee. I like a competitive league with players happy to help any team they're apart of win more than anything. Fans love players who give their best rather than mope and plan their exit. Team pride is awesome. I base that off of how much I like teams for the sake of liking teams as a fan. Wish players were fans of every team they played on, they get to play basketball for a huge check.

Yep, kind of sucks sometimes that's how the league is run these days. Smaller market teams if not already on the path to clear success risk losing players. Even big markets have to worry as well but usually they can get an agreement by a player before a trade given what the city offers. For someone like Blake, you have to have a winning team with star players or a city/franchise he likes. Just kinda sucks that the top players almost always (get to)decide to play in the bigger markets. I don't blame them but I like teams building long term competition and players happy to play wherever as long as they have a good shot at winning. Seems like players would rather break up good small market teams in hopes to team up in a bigger market. I'd be happy making millions and living most places in the country. I could see wanting out from a losing culture, just sucks when a good thing is broken up because living in L.A. satisfies a player more than winning in Milwaukee. I like a competitive league with players happy to help any team they're apart of win more than anything. Fans love players who give their best rather than mope and plan their exit. Team pride is awesome. I base that off of how much I like teams for the sake of liking teams as a fan. Wish players were fans of every team they played on, they get to play basketball for a huge check.

Pride will probably never be as much of a factor as you want it to be, because it's a business and teams aren't going to have enough "pride" in their players to keep from dropping them as soon as they stop producing. But winning does matter, and small markets have a better shot than they ever have before. That's why you see LaMarcus Aldridge in San Antonio, and will see Kevin Durant in Oakland or Oklahoma City, even though New York and LA went hard after both of them.

Last edited:
Greg Monroe chose Milwaukee over NYC as well, and I bet a lot of players would choose just about anywhere over Brooklyn.

Haha there is zero chance Faried is better than Griffin

Just depends on how much you value defense and rebounding. Faried's career average is a higher rebound rate than BG's best year. BG's D is weak and he takes bad shots.

The worst thing you can say about Faried is that he's not a versatile scorer. Edit: he is struggling from FT line this year.

Last edited:
Just depends on how much you value defense and rebounding. Faried's career average is a higher rebound rate than BG's best year. BG's D is weak and he takes bad shots.

The worst thing you can say about Faried is that he's not a versatile scorer. Edit: he is struggling from FT line this year.

Faried is a pretty terrible defender.

Faried is a pretty terrible defender.

I think he has trouble with Tim Duncan type PFs, but he's ideal for guarding athletic tweeners like Green, Millsap, and Lebron. He's a good shot blocker, he's a good thief. Just a great athlete with a high motor.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he has trouble with Tim Duncan type PFs, but he's ideal for guarding athletic tweeners like Green, Millsap, and Lebron. He's a good shot blocker, he's a good thief. Just a great athlete with a high motor.

With Faried out of the game, Denver's defense FG% improves by like seven percent.

Reactions: 2 people
With Faried out of the game, Denver's defense FG% improves by like seven percent.

Faried plays in the starting lineup with terrible defenders like Galinari, Mudiay, and Harris.

Where did you get that stat, btw?

Edit, my math was off because I looked at expected W/L, not actual record. It's even worse:

Clippers are 17-13 with BG this season and 18-5 without him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Talking about Dragic and Whiteside for Howard. Whiteside is better than Howard, cheaper, and younger. Maybe throwing in Deng and Ariza.

Talking about Dragic and Whiteside for Howard. Whiteside is better than Howard, cheaper, and younger. Maybe throwing in Deng and Ariza.

Whiteside will only be cheap for another few months, and Miami doesn't have his Bird rights, meaning that whoever acquires him won't have any financial advantage in free agency over any other team.

I think he'll leave Miami, but even with that knowledge, I don't see why Miami would trade him and Dragic just to get the right to pay Dwight $30 million per year.

Whiteside will only be cheap for another few months, and Miami doesn't have his Bird rights, meaning that whoever acquires him won't have any financial advantage in free agency over any other team.

I think he'll leave Miami, but even with that knowledge, I don't see why Miami would trade him and Dragic just to get the right to pay Dwight $30 million per year.

Whiteside is definitely about to get paid, but is he going to get a max contract? Even still they probably cap him around $13M or so, right? Only his 2nd year

Whiteside is definitely about to get paid, but is he going to get a max contract? Even still they probably cap him around $13M or so, right? Only his 2nd year

I don't know how much he can make but he will get the max.

VN Store

Back