David Blatt fired as Cavaliers coach, per sources

Blatt was clearly in over his head...

With that being said, this has everything to do with LeBron. Strange situation, can't remember the last time a pro coach in first place got fired, in any sport.

Reactions: 1 person

With that being said, this has everything to do with LeBron. Strange situation, can't remember the last time a pro coach in first place got fired, in any sport.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Blatt is the first head coach since conferences began in 1970-71 to be fired when his team has the best record in its conference.

Lulz at the mess that is the Cavs. Players thought that Kevin Love was traded when they called a team meeting. So, he's gotta go now.

Colin Cowherd said he heard Leb**** wanted the change.

The Cavs are denying

Colin Cowherd said he heard Leb**** wanted the change.

The Cavs are denying

They can deny all they want, I heard their GM on 92.9 in Atlanta and he said it was insulting to them and LeBron that there is a perception that James is spearheading the organization. I think it's beyond obvious he's doing exactly that.

As of right now their not competitive to the Warriors or the Spurs in a 7 game series. Both of those teams have a massive coaching advantage. That said, Lue agreeing to a multi-year deal almost immediately is a sure fire sign that this had been in the works for awhile. It won't matter, they're destined to lose in the Finals again.

As of right now their not competitive to the Warriors or the Spurs in a 7 game series. Both of those teams have a massive coaching advantage. That said, Lue agreeing to a multi-year deal almost immediately is a sure fire sign that this had been in the works for awhile. It won't matter, they're destined to lose in the Finals again.

Huh? The warriors have shown that they don't really need a coach.

Not really. He isn't a championship level coach, period.

Nobody gave them a chance in the Finals and they made a series of it. He was in 1st place. From our perspective, there is no evidence that he isn't a good coach.

Nobody gave them a chance in the Finals and they made a series of it. He was in 1st place. From our perspective, there is no evidence that he isn't a good coach.

If you believe every report, the locker room never respected him. We can argue all day about whose fault that is (most likely the leader, LeBron's) but that's not going to work.

Also, I watched the Cavs the last couple weeks and even though the numbers are good, that offense should be WAAAYYYYY better. They should be Golden State with the talent on that team.

Shouldn't have traded Wiggins.

Wiggins is going to be really good and we can argue about salary cap and what not, but they were going to trot out a Thompson/Varejao front court. That, to me, was never going to work. Love provides them a lot but he has never been used properly. He averages about 12.5 shots a game. That needs to be 16-18.

Wiggins is going to be really good and we can argue about salary cap and what not, but they were going to trot out a Thompson/Varejao front court. That, to me, was never going to work. Love provides them a lot but he has never been used properly. He averages about 12.5 shots a game. That needs to be 16-18.

Keep Wiggins, sign Pau Gasol and you're better than what they have now, with cap room left over for more shooting.

Hard to get someone shots when their lack of defense makes them unplayable in crunch time.

Keep Wiggins, sign Pau Gasol and you're better than what they have now, with cap room left over for more shooting.

This is all a great idea until Gasol laughs spending time in Cleveland. He wasn't going to sign with Cleveland and I'm pretty confident that after signing LeBron they wouldn't have had the cap space.

I don't think the roster is the problem. They have the best player in the world. They have the perfect 4 man for LeBron. They have a guard that can take over a game when Bron doesn't have it going. But they have no ball movement. It's all iso. The rotation doesn't make a lot of sense.

PG- Irving 33/Williams 12/Dellavedova 3
SG- Smith 24/Dellavedova 15/Shumpert 9
SF- James 36/Shumpert 12
PF- Love 33/Thompson 15
C- Mosgov 24/Thompson 15/Varejao 9

Hard to get someone shots when their lack of defense makes them unplayable in crunch time.

Actually their defense is 5th in the NBA with Love getting 33 mpg. He's definitely not a great defender by any means but with Mosgov/Thompson at center you can live with that.

And here's the other thing. It's not broken. They finished the year 30-5 last year when LeBron came back. They are first in the East and didn't have Kyrie for the first six weeks. They are the best team in the Eastern Conference and it's not even really close. They took the Warriors to six games last year without two of the three best players. They could improve in some areas and I get firing Blatt since he never had the locker room, but there are just a few tweaks away from being a great team.

Actually their defense is 5th in the NBA with Love getting 33 mpg. He's definitely not a great defender by any means but with Mosgov/Thompson at center you can live with that.

He's not a great midrange shooter and he's a terrible defender. There's a reason they sit him late as often as they do.

VN Store

Back