NBA trade checker machine

unconventional
Restrictions to trade players signed in the off-season end on Tuesday. Just over a quarter of the way through the season, what trades would you like to see? Even if it's a player you don't think would be traded. Assuming you think the compensation makes sense... I mean, Joe Johnson/Andrea Bargnani for DeMarcus Cousins/Rudy Gay works financially but that's a dumb trade and everyone can see why.

The Original: NBA Trade Checker - RealGM

The Rip-Off: NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I'll be using the unoriginal one. It's a better setup. I had some good times back in the day with ol' tc. The corporate giant took it and made it better though. Trade checker allows you to force trades with restricted players before the restrictions end so you know if the trade works financially without having to wait til the 15th as to where ESPN won't. Still, tm is better as of tuesday.

Last edited:

:(

As a bias Pacers fan, I know Lebron is better overall and Durant is the better scorer, one of the best ever. Still, I think I'd only trade George for Curry. Curry's ability to stop and shoot, drive and juke, drawing so much attention that shooters are wide open for easy assists. I don't feel like Lebron or Durant would instantly transform the Pacers into a championship team with the current roster. Curry, he's the guy right now. Reggie Miller/Ray Allen with the ball always in his hands. Passing ability of a Rondo to go with. His biggest issue from what I've seen, he turns it over a lot but half of them are probably stepping on the line out of bounds. I've seen him turn it over countless times simply by stepping out of bounds bringing it down court as he treads the line and stepping out trying to get in position for a side three.

If the Pacers were to trade PG for less than a top 10 player in the deal, it would have to be a Melo or Deron type of package. Denver is meh these days but Utah has finally found some traction possibly with a young core. Tony Allen to the Thunder actually makes sense since they've got enough guys who are taking the shots. Pacers are trying to be like the Warriors so without the 3 ball in is repertoire, I don't know how well he'd fit in.

I was actually intrigued by Ryan Anderson of the Pelicans but once I considered the fact that their coach was a Warriors assistant and wants to implement the same system, why would he get rid of Anderson if not for the fact he doesn't fit? Pacers want to be the Warriors as well so I don't know. Unless it's because the Pels want to use Davis at center, maybe Davis and Anderson are too big for small ball. So unless Anderson would make a good center to spread the floor for Indy, I'm less interested in him due to the fact the Pels have a former Warriors assistant that's willing to move him.

George>Curry

You screwin with me?

I love PG but Curry is what Westbrook and Wall aspire to be. It's not chucking if it's unstoppable. You can spread the floor all you want. Still need a D to keep up with it. Pacers were down 26-5 tonight in the first quarter. They eventually took a 27-26 lead. Quarter ended Raptors 28-27 Game ended 106-90 Pacers. PG scored all of 16.

You screwin with me?

I love PG but Curry is what Westbrook and Wall aspire to be. It's not chucking if it's unstoppable. You can spread the floor all you want. Still need a D to keep up with it. Pacers were down 26-5 tonight in the first quarter. They eventually took a 27-26 lead. Quarter ended Raptors 28-27 Game ended 106-90 Pacers. PG scored all of 16.

While I'm not agreeing with Z, PG is light years ahead of Steph on the defensive end. So is Russ and Wall for that matter.

It's kind of weird that I'm saying this because I was so Pro Kanter last year, but with KD and Russ healthy he's virtually useless. I feel like I've said that before. Lol If he's not at least the second option like when KD was out, there is little reason to have him on the floor. He doesn't pass, he's on the same level maybe worse than Harden defensively. I would seriously consider trading him and Waiters if possible, for a couple wings that can run and defend and knock down the 3. It won't happen but a guy like Ariza or Batum would greatly increase The Thunders chance at a title.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
While I'm not agreeing with Z, PG is light years ahead of Steph on the defensive end. So is Russ and Wall for that matter.

They're better, but Steph is better than people think he is and is easily an overall better player than all three. And Russ is an elite athlete, but his overall defense doesn't match his athleticism because he gambles too much.

Anybody want the following players? Not available.

C Ian Mahinmi, Myles Turner, Shayne Whittington
F Paul George, Jordan Hill, Lavoy Allen, Rakeem Christmas
F CJ Miles, Chase Budinger, Solomon Hill
G Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, Glenn Robinson III
G George Hill, Joe Young
- Future Draft Picks

4yr 17.1mil Paul George
4yr 10.3mil Monta Ellis
2yr 8.0mil George Hill
3yr 7.0mil Rodney Stuckey
1yr 5.0mil Chase Budinger
3yr 4.4mil CJ Miles
1yr 4.0mil Jodan Hill
1yr 4.0mil Ian Mahinmi
3yr 4.0mil Lavoy Allen
4yr 2.4mil Myles Turner
2yr 1.3mil Solomon Hill
3yr 1.1mil Glenn Robinson
4yr 1.0mi Joe Young
4yr 1.0mil Rakeem Christmas
2yr 845k Shayne Whittington
N/A ---- Future Draft Picks

Don't want to trade PG for obvious reasons. Don't want to trade the rookie Myles Turner due to the fact the Pacers want to go small and while he's 6'11" 243lbs, he can spread the floor with the 3 ball and protect the rim with his shot blocking. I think he's the Pacers center of the future if they hold on to him. CJ Miles at 4.4mil for 3 more years is a bargain given his ability to make the 3, play sg, sf and pf in a small system, plays good d and he's fairly athletic even if he spends most of his time shooting 3's. Joe Young who was a 2nd round pick, I believe he's Oregon's all-time scoring leader in just 2 seasons after spending his first 2 seasons with the Houston Cougars. He's 23 years old on a 4 year deal for just 1 million and unless he makes or breaks some great package, I don't know that the Pacers could get much of anything for him but I like his potential more than what he's probably valued at in a trade. Same with Glenn Robinson, he only turns 22 in January and is on a 3 year deal for just 1.1 million.

I'd rather not trade guys like George Hill, Rodney Stuckey and Monta Ellis but I understand you can't refuse to barter with most of your team if you're trying to upgrade your team. I think most teams would understand not including PG. So for the most part, that really only leaves the Pacers 1st(Myles Turner) and 2nd round(Joe Yong) picks from the the last draft, CJ Miles and Glenn Robinson who was only a 2nd round pick in last years draft and was signed as a free agent joining his 3rd team after having just 1 season under his belt. --- I guess if a deal that requires Myles Turner or CJ Miles, I'd do it. That would require getting someone back who can shoot 3's and play defense like Miles or a big man who can spread the floor like Myles.

I've never considered trading PG but since someone brought it up, I wonder what type of package he'd net. After missing virtually of all last season, he's putting up numbers. 4th in scoring per game. 2nd in the 3 pointers made per game.5th in free throws made per game. 14th in 3 point percentage. 21st in steals per game. 32nd in rebounds per game. 39th in assists per game.

* The player restrictions have been removed from ESPN trade machine.

VN Store

Back