NBA trade deadline 3PM ET

unconventional
Update:

Blazers receive: Arron Afflalo
Nuggets receive: Thomas Robinson, Will Barton, Victor Claver, 2016 1st round pick(lottery protected), 2nd round pick

Kings receive: Andre Miller
Wizards receive: Ramon Sessions

76ers receive: Javale McGee, 1st round pick(from OKC)
Nuggets receive: n/a

Original post:

3 hours to go...

Afflalo already traded to Blazers.
The Blazers will send Thomas Robinson, Will Barton, Victor Claver and a lottery-protected 2016 first-round pick to the Nuggets for Afflalo and Alonzo Gee.

Blazers just became more of a threat out West. Even Gee is a solid pick up if you look at his numbers on the year.

Doubt the Pacers do anything, not that it matters, they suck at the moment. Still, players like Dragic, Kanter and Jackson(OKC) have all asked to be traded. A lot of other people have been talked about being traded for months too. Brook Lopez, Lance Stephenson, basically anybody on the Nuggets and Celtics. Hope some trades start happening in the next 3 hours.

Last edited:
Nuggets strike again.

The Philadelphia 76ers have agreed with the Denver Nuggets on a trade involving JaVale McGee. McGee signed a four-year, $44 million contract with the Nuggets in 2012. McGee will become an unrestricted free agent in 2016. The 76ers also will receive a first round pick from Denver that was acquired from the Cleveland Cavaliers and originally belonged to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

McGee and 1st round pick to Philly.

Denver really wanted to get rid of him...

Kings trade Ramon Sessions to the Wizards for Andre Miller.

Just read Nets are trying to send Brook Lopez to the Thunder, Derron Williams to the Kings, Joe Johnson to the Pistons and Kevin Garnette to the T-wolves.

Nets... what a cluster f***. At least they're not the Knicks?

At the very least they'd be getting Thaddeus Young and Reggie Jackson if all those trades took place.

I agree that the players the Blazers got are better than the ones they gave up, but the Blazers already have 4 good wings. I don't think that makes them any better.

I agree that the players the Blazers got are better than the ones they gave up, but the Blazers already have 4 good wings. I don't think that makes them any better.

Perhaps.

Given Wesley Matthews numbers on the year, this could also be a good trade for them because even if Afflalo opts out, he won't get as much as Matthews. The trade works as an insurance policy as well in case they lose Wes.

Then again, Pacers tried that with Evan Turner in case they lost Stephenson, and ended up with neither. Lucky for them that Stephenson left though(so far), he sucks now.

Last edited:
Heat are currently offering two 1st round picks for Dragic.

Doubt Suns could find a better deal.

Then again, it depends who they get in return. Suns are looking to be a playoff team and anyone out West could make it to the finals. If you trade Dragic for picks and nobody of quality to replace him, you just killed just about any chance you had at pulling off upsets to make it to the finals.

Heat are currently offering two 1st round picks for Dragic.

Doubt Suns could find a better deal.

Then again, it depends who they get in return. Suns are looking to be a playoff team and anyone out West could make it to the finals. If you trade Dragic for picks and nobody of quality to replace him, you just killed just about any chance you had at pulling off upsets to make it to the finals.

Dragic is all-star caliber, IMO. He's putting up awesome numbers contending with 2 other good PGs. I hope they can get more than that.

On the flip side, with Whiteside in the picture now, that's a deal that could make the Heat into a contender, IMO.

Last edited:
Nets and Thunder are close to a trade.

Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones, Kendrick Perkins for Brook Lopez.

Would be a nice trade for the Nets, honestly. I'm not big on Jackson in general as a point guard or the fact he rejected 4yrs/48 million from the Thunder. With that being said, the Nets have basically offered up Lopez for essentially nothing. Cap space and RJ/PJ3 isn't a bad return. Nets aren't going anywhere anyways, two young players and cap space is nice given their situation.

I like the trade for the Nets, and it might work out for the Thunder. RJ wanted out, so they probably didn't have a lot of options, but I would have tried to get McGee and Afflalo and/or Gee.

I like the trade for the Nets, and it might work out for the Thunder. RJ wanted out, so they probably didn't have a lot of options, but I would have tried to get McGee and Afflalo and/or Gee.

I definitely think it works out for the Thunder if it happens. At least this season and next(if Lopez doesn't opt out and leave).

I love the trade for the Thunder, they're guard heavy and lack a veteran center to begin with. Stevens is good(probably get better) but Perkins sucks and neither as good as Lopez at moment. Not that Perkins will ever be close to Lopez.

I almost wish there was a way to send Hibbert there and get Lopez in return. Thunder have a ton of offense... Pacers have a ton of defense. Lopez is mostly offense and little defense. Roy Hibbert is mostly defense and little offense. Pacers could use offense and Thunder could use defense. Ball is mostly going to be in Westbrook and Durant's hands anyways. With that being said, I wouldn't want Hibbert or his crappy contract if I were another team. I'm okay with it as a Pacers fan but he's already on the team. I'd hate to actually trade things for him while he's making the salary he does.

90 minutes...

Dud or thud?

A lot of trades being floated around have potential to happen... but like most of the time, nothing could happen.

I'm just excited to see trades. Hope they happen.

Been a bad trade deadlind day. I'm really hoping OKC gets Lopez. They could use him down low on offense. Get something out of Reggie because he is gone after this year.

Been a bad trade deadlind day. I'm really hoping OKC gets Lopez. They could use him down low on offense. Get something out of Reggie because he is gone after this year.

Agree. Hasn't been so good.

Wonder though if some trades are already agreed to with the understanding both parties are looking for other trades. If they don't find another trade that's better, they push the paperwork through at the deadline. So... still hope? I'm not too optimistic that much will happen but I could see agreed trades not coming to until the last second. A lot of players wanting out.

Nets and T'wolves swap Garnett and Thad Young.

KG back to Wolves.... df

Agree. Hasn't been so good.

Wonder though if some trades are already agreed to with the understanding both parties are looking for other trades. If they don't find another trade that's better, they push the paperwork through at the deadline. So... still hope? I'm not too optimistic that much will happen but I could see agreed trades not coming to until the last second. A lot of players wanting out.

Guess I was right? Everyone is getting traded now lol

Kinda dull day. Thought for sure we'd see OKC make a deal. Would really like to see Kanter go the Thunder if they can't get Lopez.

Mark Richt has lost control of the NBA trade deadline you guys

VN Store

Back