2014-2015 NBA Game Thread (AKA Ben and Jerry's weird guy love off topic Thread)

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
It's here! Should be a really fun season.

Mavericks @ Spurs
Rockets @ Lakers

Both on TNT.

First random post of the thread of many: David Robinson is a really cool guy to listen to.

I love Robinson. For me, Michael Jordan has become less likable over time (he's turning into Uncle Rico), and Robinson has become a lot more likable. I'm not religious, but I can really appreciate his kind of piety. He is a good dude, through and through, and basically spends all his time and a lot of his money on the community, specifically youth.

Also, as far as his career, he's the most underrated center of all time. He should be arguably the best center of the modern era, in everybody's mind, and few ever mention him in the conversation.

He was an elite scoring talent in terms of total scoring and efficiency
He was an elite rebounder
He was an elite on the ball defender
He was an elite help defender
He was a good passer

Best all-around, if not best overall.

Z just jelli

Interested to see what my Thunder will look like tomorrow

Will probably look like a basketball team in basketball jerseys on a basketball court in a basketball arena in a basketball league in a country that likes basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
Will probably look like a losing basketball team in basketball jerseys on a basketball court in a basketball arena in a basketball league in a country that likes basketball.

Fyp

Pacers open the season tomorrow night with Paul George out for the year, David West, George Hill and CJ Watson out for a least several games each, Lance Stephenson gone to Charlotte, and having added no new pieces of consequence. 2015 Draft Lottery, here we come!!

Since I drafted 2 Pelicans and a Magic (is that how you put it?), I'll be watching League Pass of that game.

VN Store

Back