Timberwolves coach retires Billy Donovan may gat a look

me_grag53

ESPN has mentioned that the Timberwolves may be itterested taking a look at Billy Donovan, among others which I can't remember right now, for their coaching vacancy.

Wouldn't mind seeing Donovan going , but I agree; don't think he will. Izzo I am not so sure about.

I have not idea why anybody would coach the Wolves. The best thing about them is the two tone stain job on their court.

Reactions: 1 person
Or the best PF in the NBA?

They had Garnett at one time too. This organization just doesn't have a commitment to win. Going from a successful college team to the Wolves is a huge risk. Both the coaches mentioned here have a lot to lose. I'm not hating on the players, but any legit NBA star (like Love) can't count on getting help from the front office when it comes to building a winner.

Not even Kevin Love can help the T'Wolves. Such a shame. He'll never quite get the recognition he deserves there.

He gets more than he deserves. His numbers wouldn't be anywhere near as good if he played on an actual good team.

Person 1: Kevin Love's stats are inflated.

Person 2: But he's still the greatest. As evidence, here, look at some stats.

So I'm taking it as you have nothing to back up your claims?

Last edited:
So I'm taking it as you have nothing to back up your claims?

Well, what you SHOULD be taking is that there's more to basketball than going to ESPN.com, finding their PPG or PP48 list, seeing Love higher on the list, and determining that he's a "better scorer."

Ever talked to Huff, though? You guys would be best friends.

Well, what you SHOULD be taking is that there's more to basketball than going to ESPN.com, finding their PPG or PP48 list, seeing Love higher on the list, and determining that he's a "better scorer."

Ever talked to Huff, though? You guys would be best friends.

So you still got nothing?

It's not a trick question, I promise

But, since you asked, here's how I would compare the two:

Athleticism: Griffin by a mile
Handle: Griffin by a mile
Passing: Griffin by a mile
3-point shooting: Love by a mile
Midrange shooting: Surprisingly, Griffin in a close one (I can provide stats, if you'd like)
Low-post moves: Love (Griffin is actually more effective around the rim, for the statgazers, but he doesn't have Love's array of post moves)
Defense: Griffin, but it's close. Neither is very good, but one can at least stay in front of people.
Rebounding: Love in a close one (I maintain that he wouldn't have 18-20 rebound games playing alongside DeAndre Jordan, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt anyway)

Discuss.

But, since you asked, here's how I would compare the two:

Athleticism: Griffin by a mile

Agree

Handle: Griffin by a mile

Agree, but I'm not sure the extreme relevance of a PF having good handles. It's more important for BG's game though.

Passing: Griffin by a mile

Griffin, but barely. His higher TO rate negates a lot of natural skill.

3-point shooting: Love by a mile

Agree

Midrange shooting: Surprisingly, Griffin in a close one (I can provide stats, if you'd like)

Call this one even. Blake has really improved here.

Low-post moves: Love (Griffin is actually more effective around the rim, for the statgazers, but he doesn't have Love's array of post moves)

Agree

Defense: Griffin, but it's close. Neither is very good, but one can at least stay in front of people.

Love is the better post defender. Blake better perimeter. Love better overall, both are average.

Rebounding: Love in a close one (though I maintain that he wouldn't have 18-20 rebound games playing alongside DeAndre Jordan)

Agree

Discuss.

I'll also point out that Blake is a better help side defender while Love is a much better FT shooter.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back