A.I. officially retires

BadJerry20

Internet Super Hero
You were not gonna win a title with him, and he couldn't play with another star. But man I loved watching this guy play. So quick, crazy handle, absolutely fearless, and tough as nails. One of the greatest little guys to ever play. Truly one of a kind.

It was really a one star team league then. You had Kobe and Shaq but that's why the Lakers were great 2 stars. If AI were getting drafted (as a rookie) this spring, I'd bet money he would win a ring by the end of his career.

I still say, though people will argue Cleveland and it's close, that 76ers team was the least talented team to ever reach the Finals.

Hughes, Side Show Bob, Z, Drew Gooden, Damon Jones, and Boobie Gibson. Talent wise give me these guys.

My favorite player, hands down. Was so fun to watch, and at 6'0 tall, played like the biggest man on the floor. He single handily took the 6ers to the finals with that awful team.

One of my favorite basketballers of all time.

Met his cousin once and he was taller than me. I'm 6'3''. So what does THAT tell you

One of my favorite basketballers of all time.

Met his cousin once and he was taller than me. I'm 6'3''. So what does THAT tell you

That you're a half foot taller than me, AI, and our friend here.

Reactions: 1 person
He was my favorite player for about 8 years, but in hindsight he was one of the most overrated guys to ever play the game. Still a big draw in my mind, though.

Yeah cause Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, George Lynch, Matt Geiger, and Tyrone Hill screams talent. Lol Dik was great on d but very limited offensively. Compare the 2 rosters.

Actually those guys are good. Also, Mutumbo, Kukoc, and Jumaine Jones. Even Todd McCullough was a solid player.

I still say, though people will argue Cleveland and it's close, that 76ers team was the least talented team to ever reach the Finals.

F that. Maybe scoring-wise, but there is a lot more to the game than that. They were dominant defensively and on the glass. They played an all-time great team and won a game. Think about teams that have been swept in the finals against lesser opposition.

Actually those guys are good. Also, Mutumbo, Kukoc, and Jumaine Jones. Even Todd McCullough was a solid player.

Mutombo was solid on D, everyone else besides Snow sucked. I was excited when they got Hughes but didn't help much

Last edited:
When AI was on the court, it was must see tv. I know many of you follow the game much more closely than I do, but that statement puts him in a very elite category for me.

I can think of maybe 3 other players in my 33 years that I would say that about.

Reactions: 1 person
Again, Games played...Snow 50, Dik 26, Kukoc 48, Geiger 35, Jones 65, MacCullough 63. So explain to me with all those games missed how Geiger, Jones, MacCullough, Snow, Kukoc, and Dik carried them with their defense and rebounding.

No white flag, I just feel like this is you worst argument to date. You flipped when I made a hyperbolic statement, and yet have been flat out wrong a couple times. It seems like a waste of my time at this point.

Last edited:
They wouldn't have scored 65pts a game without A.I. and would have been one of the worst teams in the NBA.

F that. Maybe scoring-wise, but there is a lot more to the game than that. They were dominant defensively and on the glass. They played an all-time great team and won a game. Think about teams that have been swept in the finals against lesser opposition.

Also since you mentioned the game they won. A.I. 48pts, 3 rebs, 6asts, and 5 steals.

And since you love to talk about how good Geiger, Hill, MacCullough and Jones were, they combined had 18pts, 5rebs 0asts, 1st and 1 block. Ummm yeah thanks for helping my case, as those 5 rebs were very dominant. Also Geiger had 5 rebs for the series, MacCullough 7, 0 blocks between them. A.I. was their 3rd leading rebounder in that series, 5 rebs behind the mighty Ty Hill.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back