NBA Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
For your national games, we can talk about them here.

D-Rose gonna have a big game tonight

I'm actually going to watch. Got work to do and no football is on for my background entertainment.

Vols Tobias Harris and C.J. Watson will be play head-to-head tonight.
Magic @ Pacers

Been listening to bill Simmons NBA previews all week. He's got me convinced, I think Chicago cruises to a 1 seed (barring major injuries) then loses in the playoffs to Brooklyn or Miami.

It's going to stink watching the Clippers beat the Lakers tonight. I'm hoping for a surprise, though.

Magic are my sleeper team.

I feel like the Pacers are a much better team but Orlando's future is bright.

Tobias Harris, Nikola Vucevic, Mo Harkless, Victor Oladipo, Andrew Nicholson, Kyle O'Quinn, Doron Lamb, Glenn Davis, Aaaron Afflalo... team has a lot of potential.

Magic are my sleeper team.

I feel like the Pacers are a much better team but Orlando's future is bright.

Tobias Harris, Nikola Vucevic, Mo Harkless, Victor Oladipo, Andrew Nicholson, Kyle O'Quinn, Doron Lamb, Glenn Davis, Aaaron Afflalo... team has a lot of potential.

I think mine is the Wiz.

Twitter seems like oladipo looks aight

I think mine is the Wiz.

Twitter seems like oladipo looks aight

The addition of Gortat helps. I'm not much of an Ariza fan though.

Aside from the Magic, the Cavs are the other team I think could be really good. I don't consider them a sleeper because I think if Andrew Bynum returns to the numbers he put up his final season before getting injured, the Cavs could be one of the best teams in the east.

I don't know if the Pacers look bad or if the Magic look good. It could easily be either.

Magic are very talented but young. And Pacers, I just think they're more of a playoff team than a regular season team.

I don't know if the Pacers look bad or if the Magic look good. It could easily be either.

Magic are very talented but young. And Pacers, I just think they're more of a playoff team than a regular season team.

Probably both.

There's quite a few new guys working their way into the roster for the Pacers, particularly on the bench, which is when they seemed to struggle the most. They got off to a bit of a rocky start last year as well, but were hitting their stride by December.

Probably both.

probably

and probably only 1 of like 3 people here who will finish watching this game. game isn't even on national television despite there only being 3 games total tonight. the other two are match ups people want to see while the pacers/magic is such a random match up. sigh

probably

and probably only 1 of like 3 people here who will finish watching this game. game isn't even on national television despite there only being 3 games total tonight. the other two are match ups people want to see while the pacers/magic is such a random match up. sigh

True, but I just saw a commercial on TNT saying that NBA League Pass has a free trial going this week, so anybody who wants actually can watch it.

True, but I just saw a commercial on TNT saying that NBA League Pass has a free trial going this week, so anybody who wants actually can watch it.

which is nice but with the bulls/heat starting an hour later, everyone wants to see it. the return of rose just adds to it. kind of sad that there are only 3 games though and they couldn't find room for all 3 on tv. oh well.... i'm watching it online.

which is nice but with the bulls/heat starting an hour later, everyone wants to see it. the return of rose just adds to it. kind of sad that there are only 3 games though and they couldn't find room for all 3 on tv. oh well.... i'm watching it online.

Big networks ever compete with games on at the same time though.

Yeah. They'll be in national TV several times this year, and I actually broke down and bought League Pass this year, so it doesn't really bother me personally. I was just glad they got the first game of the year. Just like last season, if they're good enough, everyone will see them when it matters.

Big networks ever compete with games on at the same time though.

if you're gonna air as few as 3 games on opening night, you could just go with 2 because that's all people will watch anyways. not saying there would be more viewers if the pacers and magic played tomorrow but with by choosing to air 3 games tonight, seems weird that they bothered with a 3rd non-(nationally)televised game. seems like they could have made sure to get them on tv for people to see or they could have just gone with 2 games and let this game blend in with the rest of the league tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back