The Official Charlotte Hornets Thread

So Many Teers™

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Adb8l4zpY&feature=youtu.be&a]Buzz City - YouTube[/youtube]

1070035_490756397677488_418218852_n.jpg

The team name became official today. The Bobcats are no more!

The bigger news is that Charlotte keeps the entire history of the team (logo, statistical records, retired jerseys, etc.) from its time in Charlotte. New Orleans keeps the 2002-2013 stuff. Incredibly generous of the NBA and Pelicans to allow the Hornets to keep that.

Last edited:
Announced today on sportsnation they are the hornets again.

This seems like the nba equal of when the Cleveland browns returned.

If it's not broke don't fix it bobcats learned that out the hard way.

An excellent decision for the franchise. The Charlotte area, and the Carolinas in general, are basketball fans. They loved the Hornets but hated George Shinn. They'll rally around a winner.

Now if the Pistons could just finish lower than eighth in the draft lottery tonight.

Things the Hornets have going for them that I like:

1.) I love Kemba and have since he was at UCONN.
2.) They're a small market team, and because of that they're more likely to keep a core group of players together instead of turning over the roster every 3-4 years.
3.) I love the colors. Didn't care much for the Bobcat's uniforms and color scheme but I love the purple and teal.
4.) Charlotte is within driving distance of where I live. They would be the 2nd closest team (to the Hawks), and I'd have the opportunity to go to the occasional game. I could never do that with the Bulls, unless I wanted to watch them on the road.
5.) Michael Jordan. I'm too young to remember him playing for the Bulls (I faintly remember his time with the Wizards) but I've read countless books on him and watched thousands of highlight reels on YouTube. Him being the owner is really cool.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back