All-Time Underrated Team

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Who is your team? Somehow none of these guys were in the NBA's all-time top 50 players:

Andre Miller - Miller was too young to be considered. But he would have never been considered despite being one of 5 players ever with 15000 pts, 8000 assists, and 4000 boards.

Adrian Dantley - 2nd best scoring guard all-time. Great rebounder and could play some decent D. 24 ppg and .617 TS% for his career.

Detlef Schrempf - did everything on the court well. Averaged 17 and 8 per 36, shooting a very impressive .586 TS%.

Dennis Rodman - gets the most love out of anybody on my list, but how does the greatest rebounder ever not make the top 50 team? Rodman is arguably the best PF ever.

Artis Gilmore - this guy was Kareem in a small market. Averaged 19, 12.5, and 2.5 per 36 for his career, shooting a TS% of .623

Not saying all of them should be top 50, just saying they don't get near the love they deserve.

Who ya got?

Adrian could feel it up, he could just stop and boom from 25 feet money every time nearly, good old days.

Dennis Rodman - gets the most love out of anybody on my list, but how does the greatest rebounder ever not make the top 50 team? Rodman is arguably the best PF ever.

Who ya got?

You can't be serious

Reactions: 1 person
I think many would agree the primary goal of a PF is to rebound. Having said that I think rebounding is severely underrated. A good PF can get you 9 rpg. Rodman could give you 18 rpg. His teams were able to dominate possesion of the ball because they got lots of second chances and didn't allow second chances.

He was a very good defender, and what people don't realize is that he was actually a good offensive player. As mentioned he created a lot of second chance opportunities. He shot a high percent. He was very active with screens and never committed offensive fouls. He had limitations, but he was nearly flawless.

I'll say that he was a very good player. I'd take Duncan or Garnett over Rodman all day, every day at PF though

Reactions: 1 person
With Jordan scoring 32 ppg in the playoffs in 1995 the Bulls didn't even reach the ECF. They added Rodman, won 70 games, and beat a great team in the finals. Dude's got 5 championships for a reason.

18 rpg....this is like somebody averaging 40 ppg. You're not easily impressed.

Barkley is most underrated pf of all time on my list. Rodman is 2nd.

Barkley led the dream team in scoring and took the Suns to the Finals? Underrated? Maybe when he was on 76ers cause they were so bad, but not underrated imo.

Barkley led the dream team in scoring and took the Suns to the Finals? Underrated? Maybe when he was on 76ers cause they were so bad, but not underrated imo.

Not sure how any of those accomplishments dispute him being underrated. Just because he had those accomplishments does not mean he is properly recognized for them by most.

As the poster above me mentioned, people forget that. They say he didn't win a ring and do not even bring him up in the greatest pf of all time discussion, when he should be.

I agree with Barkley being underrated and I think he is also arguably the best PF. I just think Rodman is more underrated. Barkley was a top 5 rebounder and scorer* (the part people forget) for a long time....at any position, not just PF.

*Ridiculous in terms of totals and efficiency.

I agree with Barkley being underrated and I think he is also arguably the best PF. I just think Rodman is more underrated. Barkley was a top 5 rebounder and scorer* (the part people forget) for a long time....at any position, not just PF.

*Ridiculous in terms of totals and efficiency.

Barkley and Rodman would be two guys would want to be your power forwards when building a team. As Barkley the analyst says, you have to have a great player, someone that does the dirty work, and a crazy guy to win a championship. Both Barkley and Rodman fit the last two. Anyone who argues that Dennis Rodman was not great has to be a teenager or just looks at PPG and comes to a baseless conclusion.

Barkley and Rodman would be two guys would want to be your power forwards when building a team. As Barkley the analyst says, you have to have a great player, someone that does the dirty work, and a crazy guy to win a championship. Both Barkley and Rodman fit the last two. Anyone who argues that Dennis Rodman was not great has to be a teenager or just looks at PPG and comes to a baseless conclusion.

I'm neither. Its called an opinion for a reason.

Rodman is my all time favorite basketball player. Emphasis on basketball player, as a man, not so much.

With Jordan scoring 32 ppg in the playoffs in 1995 the Bulls didn't even reach the ECF. They added Rodman, won 70 games, and beat a great team in the finals. Dude's got 5 championships for a reason.

Not really what happened.

Jordan came back at the end of the season and had flashes but obviously was not back to his old self after the layoff. Plus, they were stuck with a high seed in the playoffs and ran into the buzzsaw that was the Penny/Shaq Magic.

Rodman obviously helped the next year, but Jordan/Pippen had already won 3 titles without him. The main thing that happened was Jordan knocked the rust off and got back to being Jordan.

Base your opinion on facts and you won't be mocked.

Rodman was a GREAT defender and the best rebounder of all-time.

YOUR opinion. There's a reason he wasn't named to the top 50.

This coming from you is laughable

We've all been mocked dude, you're not immune to it, if you truly think that Rodman wasn't a great player then I have to question your basketball knowledge.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how moronic it may be.

Larry Bird AND Kevin McHale (two completely different players) said that Rodman was the toughest defender they ever faced.

Think about that.

We've all been mocked dude, you're not immune to it, if you truly think that Rodman wasn't a great player then I have to question your basketball knowledge.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how moronic it may be.

.584 FT%
1.8 AST
0.6 BLK
0.7 STL

Real great

VN Store

Back