Kings to remain in Sacramento

unconventional
Most likely...

NBA owners' committee recommends Sacramento Kings stay put - ESPN

An NBA owners' committee studying the future of the Sacramento Kings has unanimously recommended the team not be moved to Seattle and be kept in Sacramento.

The owners of the Kings, the Maloof family, had been pushing the Kings be sold to a group that would move the team to Seattle. The finance and relocation committees held a conference call Monday afternoon to make their final decision on what to recommend to the rest of the league's owners after studying competing offers for several months.

Under procedure, the owners will not vote until seven days after they receive the findings of the committee, which means any decision will not become official until next week. However, the full body of owners is expected to follow the recommendation.

The board will meet during the week of May 13 to vote, the league said in a release.

Anything that sticks it to the Maloofs is fine by me. They're cheapskates that are liquidating anything and everything they can for an extra penny. Despite the fact they're going to get close to 550 million when they sell the team, they traded away a top 5 pick halfway through the season just to save 1 million dollars. How cheap is that!?

Plus, Seattle fans aren't gaining any sympathy with their comments below the article. They're insulting Sacramento and mocking the fact they'll never get the new arena they want. I generally hate when people use the term butthurt but Seattle fans really are in this case.

Reactions: 1 person
The league just needs to expand again, hopefully in some sort of way that moves the Grizz to the East.

Add Seattle and Kansas City, then move our beloved Pelicans to and the Grizz to the east.

The league just needs to expand again, hopefully in some sort of way that moves the Grizz to the East.

Add Seattle and Kansas City, then move our beloved Pelicans to and the Grizz to the east.

Haven't there been talks of contracting teams though?

I've been fearful of it because the Pacers attendance isn't that great at times and they had a bunch of down years. Fortunately, they're playing well at the moment and that leaves the door open for other teams like Minnesota before the Pacers.

With superstars flocking to form super teams, I think it's more likely they'll subtract teams before they add more. The superstars are partially to blame for this imo.

New Orleans - CP3
Denver - Carmelo
Cleveland - Lebron
Toronto - Bosh
Orlando - Dwight
Utah - D-Will
Phoenix - Amare/Nash

Am I forgetting anyone?

Well, they all play in L.A., New York and Miami now with other superstars. All of these top players want to play with each other in large markets. It kind of defeats the purpose of having so many smaller market teams. They get these top picks and are used to groom them til they're in the prime. In most cases, they go back to sucking and have little fan support.

Plus, the Pacers were 37-45 in the playoffs two years ago and now the Bucks are in the playoffs with a losing record this season. The NBA is watered down with the players forcing their way out to join up together. I thought it was better when 10 teams in the playoffs could win it all and teams actually had to build contenders. Now, it's just the Heat, Thunder(who basically got screwed with the cap being lowered) and Clippers. I think the Spurs are too old, the Knicks don't have enough and don't believe the NBA would let superstar-less/smaller market teams like the Grizzlies or Pacers get by the Heat. Sure, we know Gasol, Zbo, Conley, Hibbert, West and George are great players but I don't think the NBA will care when it comes down to it. You can count LA/New York getting the benefit or if it's against the Heat, expect Lebron and Wade to shoot 50 free throws if that's what it takes to propel the Heat over them. jmo anyways

Sacramento group releases artist renderings for new Kings Arena | The Point Forward - SI.com

kings-arena-3.jpg

kings-arena-1.jpg

kings-arena-2.jpg

That's pretty sweet.

Most likely...

NBA owners' committee recommends Sacramento Kings stay put - ESPN

Anything that sticks it to the Maloofs is fine by me. They're cheapskates that are liquidating anything and everything they can for an extra penny. Despite the fact they're going to get close to 550 million when they sell the team, they traded away a top 5 pick halfway through the season just to save 1 million dollars. How cheap is that!?

Plus, Seattle fans aren't gaining any sympathy with their comments below the article. They're insulting Sacramento and mocking the fact they'll never get the new arena they want. I generally hate when people use the term butthurt but Seattle fans really are in this case.

You obviously have never lost a team from your hometown.

I would love to see the Kings back in KC. The Sprint Center is fairly new, and would be a great venue.

I told ya he's always long winded lol

You obviously have never lost a team from your hometown.

There aren't any pro teams in my state so no.

And that's not the point.

They're pissed off they're not getting the Kings. The Kings aren't their team to begin with. They expect to steal them from Sacramento and are now attacking Sacramento and making snarky remarks about how they suck and they won't get their arena. They are taking pleasure in the Kings failures and what they won't get because they're most likely not getting the Kings.

Sorry but that's beyond petty when you attack a city and team because it turns out you're not going to pilfer them after all.

Last edited:
There aren't any pro teams in my state so no.

And that's not the point.

They're pissed off they're not getting the Kings. The Kings aren't their team to begin with. They expect to steal them from Sacramento and are now attacking Sacramento and making snarky remarks about how they suck and they won't get their arena. They are taking pleasure in the Kings failures and won't they won't get because they're most likely not getting the Kings.

Sorry but that's beyond petty when you attack a city and team because it turns out you're not going to pilfer them after all.

It's silly, but they had their team of 41 years taken away, and just when they are about to get a new one, they get it taken away from them at the last minute.

You should ask some Houston Oilers fans what it's like.

It's silly, but they had their team of 41 years taken away, and just when they are about to get a new one, they get it taken away from them at the last minute.

Didn't Houston get an nfl team within a decade of the oilers leaving?

I'm sure it sucks but the city of Sacramento and their fans didn't do anything. In all actuality, they were only going to get the Kings because the Maloofs are a couple dirtbags that would probably sell their grandmother's oxygen tank if it meant an extra dollar. When you're a bottom 5 team and trade away a top 5 pick in his rookie season to save a million dollars, you're pretty dirty. And when you're selling your city out and move the team for like 10 million extra, still dirty. If you get in bed with a dirt bag, don't be surprised when you get bitten. That's what happened when they started making handshakes under the table to acquire the team.

Yeah.. A much better one

But not really and I'm not sure how you can say that.

Teams go through cycles and they've pretty much been garbage aside from one or two seasons.

The Titans are down now and the Texans are playing well but it won't be that way forever. At least the Titans have some great memories of the Music City Miracle and even though they fell a yard shy in the Super Bowl, it was one of the best Super Bowls of all time imo.

I'm guessing you hate the Titans but the assessment that the Texans are a much better franchise comes off as hateful. The Texans for the most part have been terrible since they've come into existence and have yet to even make an AFC Championship. They're not even close to being a better franchise though they do have the better team at the moment. Not one that I view as a threat to win a Super Bowl but better none the less.

I don't hate the titans. Bud Adams owns the titans. Therefore, by default, the texans have the better franchise.

It seems like David Stern has made it his final goal as commissioner to stick it to Seattle's basketball fans. He stood idly by while the OKC ownership group straight up stole that team from them and now appears to be actively trying make sure no other team ever returns there. Sucks for them, because that was a great basketball town.

Reactions: 1 person
They mentioned that the bucks may be Seattle's next target on SC this morning. If they pull that off, us moving to the eastern conference makes a lot of sense.

It seems like David Stern has made it his final goal as commissioner to stick it to Seattle's basketball fans. He stood idly by while the OKC ownership group straight up stole that team from them and now appears to be actively trying make sure no other team ever returns there. Sucks for them, because that was a great basketball town.

Spot on

I don't like identifying any cities that shouldn't have a pro sports franchise, because my hometown is the largest market with only one big four franchise. But Sacramento has been awful and not had much of a following unless they are playing really well.

I'd be okay with Milwaukee getting sent packing as well, but realistically the NBA needs to get rid of at least four teams. There are too many franchises struggling and the talent is far too dissipated.

VN Store

Back