Few Thoughts on this postseason:

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
The Lakers should not pursue retaining Dwight Howard. They need to chalk that up as a loss on a failed experiment the same way that the 76'ers should in regards to the injury prone, Tracy Morgan look-a-like.

Dwight maybe "the best big man" in the NBA, but he's mentally and emotionally weak as water and I would not try to bet the future on a guy that unstable.

To fix the issue in LA, I'd most likely can a bunch of guys. Nash is not gonna give you any more, Pau still has some value, and Ron Artest could probably get you enough to get Kobe another outlet to help out. If they want one more for Kobe, they'll need to clean up that mess.

The Knicks are a real cute story and I like Melo a lot, but he's never going to win a ring. Especially in the East. I think that stinks for him and I put him in the same category as John Stockton and Karl Malone: three guys that simply played against a well oiled machine. Malone v Jordan = Melo v Lebron

The Spurs have a good shot at getting to the finals now, and for whatever reason, these old guys can still play well enough to pull out lengthy series. Pop knows how to coach plain and simple.

OKC is the team of the future in the West, but without Westbrook healthy, they're going to have to wait another year. I've come to like KD3 and think he's going to spend the off season mad as hell and more determined than ever.

Houston is a one trick pony and the Harden experiment will eventually fail. They wont spend like other teams will and frankly, they have not been a contender since Vernon Maxwell and Big Shot Bob had on a those terrible looking pinstripe jerseys.

The Nets are still one big trade away from truly becoming a relevant threat to anyone late in the season.

The Bulls dont have Rose, therefore they're still a year out from making any real noise.

The Clippers need to take over LA while the Lakers are down. This is their once in a lifetime opportunity to control that city. They still play foolishly from time to time, but that'll improve with age.

I'd offer thoughts on the other teams still in it, but I dont think anyone else has a chance this year.

It's Miami's to lose and I'm certain most of you can at least agree with that.

I think it takes two "stars" to get teams over the hump theses days and I dont think they have but one in D. Williams. I also think it takes one of those two stars to have some experience, and serious success in the playoffs. I dont see that either. They're going to be a playoff teams for years to come, but I dont see them climbing over the top until they get one more ace. Be it another spot up shooter, or a dominate post player.

I think it takes two "stars" to get teams over the hump theses days and I dont think they have but one in D. Williams. I also think it takes one of those two stars to have some experience, and serious success in the playoffs. I dont see that either. They're going to be a playoff teams for years to come, but I dont see them climbing over the top until they get one more ace. Be it another spot up shooter, or a dominate post player.

Do they have a legitimate star? I'd say D-Will is the closest thing.

Certainly, Deron Willimas is the franchise right now. He's a star and he's carried them. He just needs help.

Williams is one of my favorite players, but he's past his prime seems like. His scoring efficiency has gone way south since leaving Utah, and his last two seasons are his worst in terms of assists since his rookie year. I don't know how if it's an age thing, because guys don't usually start slowing down until about 28, and he started slowing down 3 years ago (25).

His assists have gone down becuase there is no one worth passing to. He's not past his prime, he's in it. If they want to compete for real, they need Jay-Z and co. to fork out some $ and go get him help.

I don't think personnel has much to do assist numbers. FG% only varies enough between teams to really only make about 1 APG difference going from the top team to the worst. Assists are all about the PG and the scheme, IMO.

I don't think personnel has much to do assist numbers. FG% only varies enough between teams to really only make about 1 APG difference going from the top team to the worst. Assists are all about the PG and the scheme, IMO.

Oh really...

You mean, John Stockton would still have recorded the most assists in NBA history if his PF during his tenure was Kris Humphries?

Oh really...

You mean, John Stockton would still have recorded the most assists in NBA history if his PF during his tenure was Kris Humphries?

Stockton has the record by nearly 4000 assists so I think you can take Malone out of the picture and he'll still hold the record. D Will has "scorers" in Lopez and Johnson, right? Why are his assists so low?

Look at Chris Paul. He's clearly got better offensive talent around him in LA, but his assist numbers were much higher in NOLA.

Stockton has the record by nearly 4000 assists so I think you can take Malone out of the picture and he'll still hold the record. D Will has "scorers" in Lopez and Johnson, right? Why are his assists so low?

What? I'm not the one that made the statement that "assists don't have much to do with personal."

Meh, assist numbers are tough to predict. Surround a pg with good players and you should get ______.

Say your best player is your point guard so he faces double teams more, then you should expect ______ for assist numbers.

Its all very skewed IMO. You can say a guy passes more because he's covered up even if the players around him suck.

You can also say a guy passes less because he has teammates covered up. Then he scores more because he can penatrate.

It has a lot to do with talent in your pg and the others around him.

My point is/was, D. Williams needs someone else.

The Lakers should not pursue retaining Dwight Howard. They need to chalk that up as a loss on a failed experiment the same way that the 76'ers should in regards to the injury prone, Tracy Morgan look-a-like.

Dwight maybe "the best big man" in the NBA, but he's mentally and emotionally weak as water and I would not try to bet the future on a guy that unstable.

To fix the issue in LA, I'd most likely can a bunch of guys. Nash is not gonna give you any more, Pau still has some value, and Ron Artest could probably get you enough to get Kobe another outlet to help out. If they want one more for Kobe, they'll need to clean up that mess.

Who exactly would they get to play center? It's not like elite big men are growing on trees in the NBA.

Hahahahaha I dont hate anyone really. I actually have not watched any of Memphis but I intend to.

VN Store

Back