The Official Brooklyn Nets Thread

Notorious B.E.N

Vols & Braves
Lab Rat
Im not really a Nets fan, but there wasnt a thread and I thought this would be a good place for this cool pic, Jay-Z looking at the Barclays Center...

jay-z-560-state-street.jpg

That building will look nice when it stops rusting.

....can't knock the hustle.

I assume that's Hove's equivalent of sitting on top of a ravine in a sleeveless tshirt

A title. he wants it.

Just wondering if any other Nets fans are on this site. Growing up in NJ as a Nets fan it is nice to see them back in the Playoffs, even if it took a move to Brooklyn to get them back there.

Current standings have the Nets as the 4th seed, playing either the Hawks or Bulls. The Hawks currently have a half game lead on the Bulls, with two games left to play. The Bulls, however only have one game to play, but have the tiebreaker against the Hawks.

Y'all could make a little noise in the playoffs but I don't have faith in any team that isn't Miami or NYC.

Y'all could make a little noise in the playoffs but I don't have faith in any team that isn't Miami or NYC.

Technically the Nets are NYC, but i know what you are saying, and actually agree. I hate to admit it, but the Knicks are superior to the Nets as of now. I wont say that about the future though.

I think you all need to over achieve though in the playoffs and next season. For a team in New York City, and well seeded in the East, no one is talking about the Nets. ESPN is funny like that though. I understand why ESPN ignores the Grizz and the Pacers, they do not own maps and refuse to acknowledge most small markets, but for some reason they don't hype you all.

Outside of Carmelo, I'd argue that just about every Pacers starter is better than the Knicks starters. Maybe JR Smith, he's been going off too. But Carmelo has been carrying the team. If the Pacers beat the Bulls/Hawks and the Knicks beat the Celtics, the Knicks and Pacers will play in the second round. Pacers have been struggling the past few games but I have no doubt in my mind that they could beat the Knicks. They've played 4 times this season and these were the outcomes...

Gm1: 88-76 Knicks by 12
Gm2: 81-76 Pacers by 5
Gm3: 125-91 Pacers by 34
Gm4: 90-80 Knicks by 10

Carmelo was out one of the games but Paul George is one of the best defenders in the NBA and these were Melo's field goal percentages in 3 games.

9/22fg(40.9%) 1/4-3pt(25.0%)
7/21fg(33.3%) 1/6-3pt(16.6%)
9/23fg(39.1%) 2/7-3pt(28.6%)

Paul George's defense and length seems to give Carmelo problems. Roy Hibbert has been playing better and not only cancels out Tyson Chandler but he's much better offensively. David West is clearly better than Kenyon Martin who they just picked up off the street. George Hills is better than all of their point guards. So if Paul George can keep Carmelo from getting hot, that leaves JR Smith who has an advantage over Lance Stephenson. Stephenson can play well at times but he's only 22. So... I think the Knicks can beat the Pacers but I'm certain the Pacers could beat the Knicks as well. The Pacers up were 74-44 at the half against them the 3rd time they played this season.

Anyways... back to the Nets. If you guys get by the Hawks or Bulls, you'll get the Heat. That sucks. I do like the Nets starting unit from top to bottom though. I did coming into the season as well. Got Lopez back, only had Wallace for a short time last season and added Joe Johnson. Completely different team than what was on the floor last season. --- Actually, I just looked at the stats and I like 4 of your starters. I didn't realize Kris Humphries stunk so much this season and forgot Reggie Evans was starting. Though, he's always been a rebounding machine but not much of scorer.

So it looks like Jason Kidd may be the next Head Coach of the Brooklyn Nets. The Nets are meeting with Brian Shaw right now though, but they met with Kidd Monday and indications are the meeting went extremely well.

Nets Starting Lineup:
PG- Deron Williams
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Paul Pierce
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Brook Lopez

VN Store

Back