The Official Miami Heat Thread.

Ernest Volmingway

KNS Beat Writer
Lebron is the best player on the planet. Team plays to the level of the competition. Will more than likely repeat. Wade sucks, all he does is snowbird and plays no defense. Think I covered it all.

They have a shot to win it, but New York, if healthy, is probably better than them. Too much depth in NY.

They have a shot to win it, but New York, if healthy, is probably better than them. Too much depth in NY.

New York is greatly improved and probably the second best team in the league, but the Heat haven't played close to their standards against them so far this year. I think when the playoffs come around we'll see a completely different team emerge defensively. Only question is whether or not Lebron can carry them again or if he'll start deferring like he has been thus far.

A) Let's see how they do with A'mare

B) They are old. I don't know if they can last throughout the season.

C) They don't have LeBron

They need to cut Amare. If he gets significant minutes they may get worse. They are old, but J-Kidd is really the only old guy they rely on, and he doesn't seem to have injury issues ever. Thomas, Camby, and Wallace aren't significant pieces (though they should play Camby more).

They'll more than likely repeat? They have a good chance but so do a number of other teams.

I wouldn't chalk the Thunder up as a win. Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka were all 23 last year. There is still room for improvement, not even in their prime. There is also the Clippers and Hawks. I wouldn't chalk up any of those as wins. Hawks had just gotten Horford back in the playoffs last season. There are a handful of teams that could take the Heat.

I don't know if New York really is deeper. Miami has just about as much depth, plus better better star players. I know Stoudemire and Shumpert coming back will make NYK deeper, but we really have no idea how Stoudemire will impact the dynamic of the team.

Stoudemire and Shumpert aren't anything to hang your hat on. Chandler and Kidd are extremely productive, and then Novak and Brewer are solid, and so is Camby, but they don't even play him. This season Thomas and Prignioni are both playing really well, but no way to know if they'll keep it up.

They'll more than likely repeat? They have a good chance but so do a number of other teams.

I wouldn't chalk the Thunder up as a win. Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka were all 23 last year. There is still room for improvement, not even in their prime. There is also the Clippers and Hawks. I wouldn't chalk up any of those as wins. Hawks had just gotten Horford back in the playoffs last season. There are a handful of teams that could take the Heat.

Everyone said that OKC was gonna thrash the Heat last year, and this year on Christmas. What happened? Lebron is on another level than KD, and when Miami locks in on defense, good luck.

Stoudemire and Shumpert aren't anything to hang your hat on. Chandler and Kidd are extremely productive, and then Novak and Brewer are solid, and so is Camby, but they don't even play him. This season Thomas and Prignioni are both playing really well, but no way to know if they'll keep it up.

He is excellent defensively. His offense is bad, but his D makes up for it.

I think the opposite way, LOL. His D isn't good enough to make up for his horrendous offense.

Lebron is the best player on the planet. Team plays to the level of the competition. Will more than likely repeat. Wade sucks, all he does is snowbird and plays no defense. Think I covered it all.

You obviously haven't been watching D Wade then...

FWIW, among 2-guards Wade currently ranks 7th in wins produced, and finished 2nd last year.

Pacers beating the Heat... didn't see that coming. Not without Granger and Hill playing awful anyways.

George Hill 0pts 4asts 1reb 0stls 5to's

Saying that's bad is an understatement. Paul George had another excellent game though. He's been having a lot of big games the past month or so. He's been putting up 20-30pts, 5-10rebs, 5asts, 3stls regularly as of late. Hopefully he takes the next step to become a star. He's only 22 so he might have it in him to do it. For the month of January he averaged 18.8pts, 7.6rebs, 4.1ast 1.7stl 1.0blk on 45.8% shooting and 38.8% from downtown plus he's an excellent defender with a long wing span. I'll take that all day everyday out of a 22 year old SG/SF. He's already scored 29 points two times in four games this month with 11 and 14 rebounds those games. He only scored 9 and 8 points in the other two games but point is, he's shown flashes of being really good. 7.1pts as a rookie, 12.1pts in his second season and he's up to 16.4pts this season. I like where his production is headed. A lot of people thought he had potential to be similar to Tracy McGrady. I didn't believe it at first but he's had plenty of high scoring games this season. I'm excited to continue watching evolve. I don't know if he'll ever average 25 but I see no reason he couldn't average 20 while filling the stat sheet in every category. He's pretty much a complete player already.

Disrespectful, blasphemous, and racist. I think you're beyond repentance at this point

VN Store

Back