1015 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Advanced Metrics Nonsense Page 19. within the forum NBA Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #271
GahLee
Drop The Leash

Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense
Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_huffhines View Post
Kyrie was better last year. He's decent, but nothing special.
He's plenty special. As a numbers guy, how can you not like Irving? Good FG%, very good 3PFG%, very good FT%. He's very good at scoring and will eventually be very good at setting up his teammates.

He's 20.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #272
Notorious B.E.N

Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense
Uncle Drew FTW
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #273
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense
Quote:
Originally Posted by GahLee View Post
He's plenty special. As a numbers guy, how can you not like Irving? Good FG%, very good 3PFG%, very good FT%. He's very good at scoring and will eventually be very good at setting up his teammates.

He's 20.
I'm not saying he doesn't show promise. I'm saying right now, this season, he's above average. I expect him to get better in the next few years. He's a good scorer, but bad with turnovers...not a good distributor at all.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #274
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense Advanced Metrics Nonsense
Put it this way, to break even as a distributor (2:1 assist-to-turnover), Irving would need to average 7.4 apg...just to be average...he's getting 5.7 apg. He's got a ton of room for improvement there.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #275

Definitely does. Team around him also sorta sucks sometimes.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #276
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Yeah, but at his limited time at Duke his turnovers were pretty bad, too (6.3 ap36 and 3.4 top36). I just think he has some bad habits he needs to break. I don't think it's about his teammates...he's not winning any championships with these guys, but what I mean is they aren't hurting his productivity.

Last edited by n_huffhines; 01-23-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #277

If you were a GM would you take him on your team
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #278
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN

Alright, at Duke, he played 11 games, and four of those shouldn't count because of his injury.

Plus, he literally has no one else to help him out. He has the worst group of big men in the league with Andy Varejao. And when Varejao was playing, Kyrie was hurt.

His starting shooting guard doesn't even shoot 40% from the field. Dude has ZERO HELP.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #279
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

That's a tough question. What is my alternative? There are better bargains out there, but like I said he will improve. Forgetting about salary, he's above average so if all you're asking is if he's talented enough for me to want him then the answer is yes.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #280
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
Alright, at Duke, he played 11 games, and four of those shouldn't count because of his injury.

Plus, he literally has no one else to help him out. He has the worst group of big men in the league with Andy Varejao. And when Varejao was playing, Kyrie was hurt.

His starting shooting guard doesn't even shoot 40% from the field. Dude has ZERO HELP.
He has 2 good big men. Tristan Thompson is a nice player. He's outplaying Irving. I don't think anybody with 2 solid bigs can complain.

He's the 3rd best player on his team.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #281

Quote:
That's a tough question. What is my alternative? There are better bargains out there, but like I said he will improve. Forgetting about salary, he's above average so if all you're asking is if he's talented enough for me to want him then the answer is yes.
Which point guards would you take over him? Don't take salary into account.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #282
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN

Quote:
He has 2 good big men. Tristan Thompson is a nice player. He's outplaying Irving. I don't think anybody with 2 solid bigs can complain.

He's the 3rd best player on his team.
Andy is out. Kyrie and Andy have only played four games together. And again, have you seen his wings players? Alonzo Gee and C.J. Miles? Really?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #283
Notorious B.E.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005 View Post
I wanna play! Rondo, Paul, Westbrook, Rose, MAYBE Steph Curry....all i can think of right now
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #284
n_huffhines
What's it gonna cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005 View Post
Forget about forward thinking and his potential...if I want to win a game tomorrow, I take:

Chris Paul
Jason Kidd
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Jose Calderon
Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook
Mike Conley
Kyle Lowry
Darren Collison
Goran Dragic
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #285
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN

Quote:
forget about forward thinking and his potential...if i want to win a game tomorrow, i take:

Chris paul
jason kidd
rajon rondo
tony parker
jose calderon
steph curry
russell westbrook
mike conley
kyle lowry
darren collison
goran dragic
lulz.