Blake Griffin's Dunk

I think it's better because Perkins actually tried stopping Blake. Plus, Perkins is one big mean sum b*tch.

Dunk of the year, and I happened to tune in about 2 seconds before it occurred. Great timing.

Blake Griffin has one of these every week it seems like. Everytime I watch a Clippers game at least 2 times a game I say, Dammmmmmmnnnnnnn!!!!!! B/c of something he does. He is a freak of an athlete.

Blake-Griffin-dunk-on-Perkins-472x262.jpg

Last edited:
He's taken the phrase "playing above the rim" to a whole new level. Some guys dunk, grab the rim, hang on it, ect ect.

Blake is so much higher than everyone else that he's basically "throwing" the ball through the rim. Its not dunking per se, its throwing the ball and maybe, juuuuuust maybe, his fingers will graze the rim.

Freakish athlete.

I compare it to the phenom that Vince Carter was when he first came out and was elbow deep into the basket when he truly elevated.

Its something to watch.

He's taken the phrase "playing above the rim" to a whole new level. Some guys dunk, grab the rim, hang on it, ect ect.

Blake is so much higher than everyone else that he's basically "throwing" the ball through the rim. Its not dunking per se, its throwing the ball and maybe, juuuuuust maybe, his fingers will graze the rim.

Freakish athlete.

I compare it to the phenom that Vince Carter was when he first came out and was elbow deep into the basket when he truly elevated.

Its something to watch.

Shawn Kemp comes to mind. Mostly because they play the same position. Kemp was one of those guys who, at his time, played completely above the rim.

Better than Lebron's dunk. Lebron jumped over a dude who wasn't even looking. Griffin took on one of the best young shot-blockers in the league head to head and jammed on him. No contest...

Reactions: 1 person
The one and only dunk I had in a game was when I went up and the defender went up a split second late. His arm and elevation made me go up even higher. I basically rode him for a sec (no homo). BG is a badass, but KP made him go even higher by pushing him up.

Not necessarily. I've known guys that couldn't dunk unless it was an oop.

Lofting it up for a guy with small hands to dunk just over the rim, or throwing one at the rim for someone to throw in doesn't qualify as an alley oop where I'm from.

Lofting it up for a guy with small hands to dunk just over the rim, or throwing one at the rim for someone to throw in doesn't qualify as an alley oop where I'm from.

Now this is an oop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4oYKsQlELs[/youtube]

People are going way overboard on Lebron dunking on little John Lucas. It hadn't got anything on what he did against the Pistons in the 06 playoffs. If I had time I could find plenty of better dunks from James

Athletic move, posterized Perk, but not a dunk...James dunk was better...

?

His hand slapped the rim. What do you call it if it's not a dunk?

Kornheiser called it the "angriest dunk I've ever seen in my life" LOL

VN Store

Back