Mike Brown Next lakers Coach?

Mitch borrowed hammys hiring coaches for dummies
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would have been happy with Adelman

I don't know much about basketball, but the Cleveland fans around me don't really know why the Lakers would hire him.

He is a very good defensive coach, but his offensive philosophy will consist of Kobe at the top of the key clearing everyone out of the way. That's all he did in Cleveland. Maybe he has learned from his mistakes.

Adelman would've been a homerun hire because the personnel fits what he likes to do. They have good passing big men, which is the key to Adelman's offense. Also, Artest thrived in Adelman's system.

He is a very good defensive coach, but his offensive philosophy will consist of Kobe at the top of the key clearing everyone out of the way. That's all he did in Cleveland. Maybe he has learned from his mistakes.

Adelman would've been a homerun hire because the personnel fits what he likes to do. They have good passing big men, which is the key to Adelman's offense. Also, Artest thrived in Adelman's system.

Seems like the logical choice, not sure Ron can thrive in any system these days though.

One less idiot that James Dolan won't replace D'Antoni with. I'm happy for the Flakers.

It's easy to play the doomsday theorist role, but let's face it, unless they hired Shaw to keep Kobe happy, it didn't matter who they got. We're all gonna speculate this is a terrible hire.

Myself included.

Rest assured knowing most NBA coaches really don't make a difference. It's mostly about the players.

Except Mike Brown is a terrible hire.

Dare I say, in Cleveland he had a better team in a weaker conference for a long time and has exactly jack squat to show for it.

^ I completely agree. I'm not sure what exactly Eric Spolestra does other than wear a suit and collect a check. At least Phil re-mastered a scheme and knew how to implement it. Now-a-days, they're mostly cheerleaders with dry erase markers.

^ I completely agree. I'm not sure what exactly Eric Spolestra does other than wear a suit and collect a check. At least Phil re-mastered a scheme and knew how to implement it. Now-a-days, they're mostly cheerleaders with dry erase markers.

Kurt Rambis says hi.

You'll have to explain whats so cool about Kurt? Pardon my ignorance but I had to google who he coached for.

Like I said, and its jmo, I think head coaches in the NBA are mostly insignificant. There are some older guys, D'Antoni, Karl, Rivers, and Pop that I'm certain impact the game still, but you cant tell me "The Big Three" in Miami are looking and lil' Eric asking, "But sir, whatever should we do?"

The NBA is a players league imo. Almost to a point where you can use the old saying, "just roll the ball out there and let em' run".

Its cool if you disagree though.

VN Store

Back